Errors/ Issues in v0.6.3

Help
2006-11-30
2013-04-23
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi there!
            I'm a long time follower of Stunts and decided to try out Ultimate Stunts (the Windows Xp version). This is my problem, about 10 seconds into the race the frame rate drops to about 3frames per second. I checked the command box  and it said "low update time detected". My pc specs are
    CPU: AMD 1700XP
    GPU: 256 Geforce 6600LE
    RAM: 512 megabytes
    Sound card: Sound Blaster audigy 2 ZS

Note: i checked the task manager whist running the game and it said that cpu was being used 100%
           Can someone tell what is causing this problem and how to fix it (if possible).

• CJP

CJP - 2006-12-08

CPU usage of 100% is normal and doesn't say anything. Ultimate Stunts just tries to do as many frames per second as possible, and the framerate then depends on your computer.

Your system seems to be good enough. Are you sure that the framerate really changes after 10 seconds? The framerate number on the screen has a bit of a delay in it, so maybe it's only the number that needs to stabilize, while the real framerate doesn't change. So, in those first 10 seconds, do you get smooth movements, or does it also "feel" like 3 frames/second?

There is a known performance issue of version 0.6.3 on Geforce cards. It will be solved in the next version. In the mean time, you can get higher framerates by editing the ultimatestunts.conf file (e.g. with Wordpad), and setting the reflectiondistance variable to 0.0. This disables reflections, and avoids the performance issue.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks