Sega Dreamcast port

Anonymous
2011-07-11
2013-04-07
  • Anonymous - 2011-07-11

Hello, is it possible to have a port for Dreamcast too ? It has SDL and OpenGL support.

• Ozkan Sezer

Ozkan Sezer - 2011-07-12

It should be possible, yes.  However I don't have one of those consoles, so I can't do anything without one.

PS: As I remember, there is an old dcquake project which also supported hexen2: dcquake.sf.net

• Anonymous - 2011-07-12

PS: As I remember, there is an old dcquake project which also supported hexen2: dcquake.sf.net

Yep, but Hexen II is unplayable .

However I don't have one of those consoles, so I can't do anything without one.

nulldc should run homebrew application … at least run. i can test if you'll need it .

• Ozkan Sezer

Ozkan Sezer - 2011-07-12

dcquake.sf.net

Yep, but Hexen II is unplayable .

That I didn't know.

nulldc should run homebrew application … at least run. i can test if you'll need it .

Hmm, so there is a dc emulator.

I need to get uhexen2 v1.5.0 out of the door first (shouldn't be too far away, probably in a month.)  Then I'll have to set up a cross compiler environment for dc.  I guess the DC controllers are handled through SDL joystick code, so I must complete SDL jostick support and play with keys code etc.

Can't promise for anything, but if/once I do that, I can post here and want help for testing.

• Anonymous - 2011-07-15

Ok, i'll be keeping my eyes on this thread.

• Anthony817

Anthony817 - 2011-08-24

Hello, I would absolutely love to see a port of this game to the Dreamcast that works. I have wanted to play this game on the system for the past 3 years, but the port we did have was very incomplete, and too buggy to even move the character.

• Noah120

Noah120 - 2011-08-25

I, for one, support this project. This would be awesome.

• Vevil

Vevil - 2011-08-25

I definitely like to see this game on the Dreamcast… I support this game ported to the system.

• Jackyboy

Jackyboy - 2011-08-27

Would absolutely love to see Hexen II ported for the Dreamcast! :D Right just thinking about it i am going to have to replay Heretic and Hexen! :)

• Anonymous - 2011-12-01

Have you tried it sezero? And i just noticed that you are working on this too http://sourceforge.net/projects/hhexen/ so we would like to see new nexen 1 port too bacause old one by bero freezes at second level for me and have music hot working without keyboard pluged in…

• Ozkan Sezer

Ozkan Sezer - 2011-12-01

VasilyR:  Unfortunately no, not yet.

As for hhexen (hheretic), if I do uhexen2 dc port, yes I can definitely try doing the same for them.

• Anonymous - 2012-04-18

Hello again, any updated regarding dc port ?

• Ozkan Sezer

Ozkan Sezer - 2012-04-19

Hello VasiliyR.  As it seems, I won't be able to do anything regarding a DC port for the time being. Sorry.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks