Menu

Chaos devices

Craig Pell
2008-12-31
2013-04-07
  • Craig Pell

Craig Pell - 2008-12-31

I looked at every bit of documentation I could find, but I don't see any mention of this:  When I activate a chaos device, nothing happens, except that it is removed from my inventory.  I don't teleport or move at all.  No sound other than the game's usual sounds is heard.

I'm playing release 1.4.3 (2008-04-04) in Linux, OpenGL (GeForce 6200 with NVidia binary driver), ALSA, kernel 2.6.26, on an Athlon XP.

• Craig Pell

Craig Pell - 2009-01-01

Update:  it must have been something associated with that particular save.  Moving to a different level didn't cure the problem, but loading from an earlier quick-save did cure it.

I don't know what triggered the behavior, but at least it has an easy workaround.

• Ozkan Sezer

Ozkan Sezer - 2009-01-01

> Update: it must have been something associated with that particular save.

This *may* be related to the issue reported here:
        http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2176023&group_id=124987&atid=701006

Do you have problems of going backwards with that particular save?
        I don't have a solution to that problem, yet, but I'd like to know.

O.S.

• Craig Pell

Craig Pell - 2009-01-01

> Do you have problems of going backwards with that particular save?

Yes.  It probably is the same problem.  Come to think of it, it happened to me early in Mazaera (the Werejaguar/Werepanther continent), just like in the bug report.  I should have looked at the bug list more thoroughly instead of just scanning it before posting;  sorry about that.