Problem installing?

2013-09-18
2013-09-18
  • Syndications

Syndications - 2013-09-18

I have been having the hardest time installing this into linux ubuntu 13.04 32 BIT and i run this on a pretty bad system all settings max on a asus 10005ha little netbook and when i launch the .run file i launch it from terminal i make sure its executable and its on my desktop. i get this error when i try to install

'/home/kah/Desktop/hexen2-installer-1.5.6-linux.run'
    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion, v1.5.6
    ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Detected x86 Linux unknown
    The setup program seems to have failed on x86/unknown

Fatal error, no tech support email configured in this setup

Thats the exact error i get everytime and i also wondered can i take the .exe and install and run this in wine?. thank you good bye please reply

• Syndications

Syndications - 2013-09-18

i have fixed that problem before above this i took the file hexen2-1.5.6-2.i586.rpm and used terminal installed alien and converted it everything works yet when installed i get the error

Installation Summary:

Base directory: /usr/games/hexen2
    Data directory: /usr/games/hexen2
    PAK file health: BAD. Reason(s):
    - Neither of retail, demo or oem versions found.
    Mission Pack: not found
    HexenWorld: not found

so i have no idea how to fix this if you can help if not i thank you for trying and if so you can do this put the hexen2 files as .deb files for those new to linux or just put some .deb files for install and have people supply the .wad files. anyway i need help with this problem as it wont let me launch the game after the error good bye.

• Ozkan Sezer

Ozkan Sezer - 2013-09-18

You must install data for the Hexen II game along with uhexen2:
    uhexen2 is only the engine, but you need the game's data files,
    i.e. the pak files, in order to play the game. Please look at
    the documentation: docs/README in the packages, or use the README
    link at http://uhexen2.sourceforge.net/

As for *.deb packages: I an not running on a Debian derivative
    distro, so I cannot provide any debs.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks