Menu

Firefox icons not showing in window list in Ubuntu 23.04

Help
PieterL
2023-05-29
2024-05-27
  • PieterL

PieterL - 2023-05-29

Hi, a very cosmetic nitty picky thing: I see that on ubuntu 23.04 firefox comes with a pixmap used in the desktop file. It is shown correctly in the application list and in my favourites in the dock, but not in the open window list. See red arrows.

Any clue how to fix this minor thing?

• nanotube

nanotube - 2023-06-10

Hi Pieter,
    Appreciate your report! Unfortunately I don't use the official ubuntu UI for many years now, I use Xubuntu, so I am not really familiar with the details of where today's UI looks for icon files for the open window list and why that is different from the application list/favorites.
    The Xubuntu (XFCE) interface doesn't seem to have an issue displaying the right icon in the window list.
    If you manage do figure out what icon file is missing to make it work, let me know and we can test it out!
    Thank you,
    Daniel

• nanotube

nanotube - 2023-09-03

Hi Pieter,
    Recently got this bug report which may fix your issue.
    https://sourceforge.net/p/ubuntuzilla/bugs/51/
    The fix is deployed in the latest .debs in the repository.

• PieterL

PieterL - 2023-09-06

Great, it is fixed! So, I should've found out using Looking Glass as per https://sourceforge.net/p/ubuntuzilla/bugs/51/:

The StartupWMClass field in /usr/share/applications/firefox-mozilla-build.desktop in the deb is "Firefox", but when I run Looking Glass in Wayland and look at the window it says that its WMClass is "firefox", not the lower-case "f".

• PieterL

PieterL - 2024-03-10

While the steps you provide may work in some cases, in this case the issue was the StartupWMClass in the responses above and it is fixed.

This topic should be closed.

• nanotube

nanotube - 2024-03-10

Hi Pieter,
      That appears to have been a drive-by spam with a sneaky link to some shady website, so I just deleted it.
      Unfortunately it appears that forum threads cannot be closed/locked on sourceforge, unlike bug report tickets.
      Cheers!

👍