Menu

RGB vs BGR Problem

2010-08-03
2013-05-28
  • Pat Stevenson

Pat Stevenson - 2010-08-03

I'm seting the diffuse color of a vertex in an AuthorMesh by using an IFXVector 4.  When I use the vector.Set3() call, the API says that it's the following convention:

void IFXVector4::Set3(F32 r, F32 g, F32 b);

So, I'm assuming that Set3() does RGB (red, green, blue).  However, the resultant color of the polygons in the mesh seems to be backwards following the BGR convention (blue, green, red).  Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks

• Pat Stevenson

Pat Stevenson - 2010-08-04

Ok, here's where the conflict resides.  I am using an IFXAuthorMesh and am using the SetDiffuseColor() method with an IFXVector4.  Now, in the documentation, there is a note on the SetDiffuseColor() call that says "Colors are represented in BGRA order".  Now, I understand that's why I have to set them that way, but my problem is that this note is in contradiction to what the IFXVector4 represents.  In IFXVector4's Set3() method, it states above in my earlier post about the order being RGB.

I know this is a workaround, but can this be fixed in a future release?  Is there going to be a future release?

• Michail Vidiassov

My guess is that there are no prospects for a future release.
    The Intel developer group that produced this library is long gone,
    the only use of U3D is for 3D PDF and Adobe preferred their own format PRC to extending U3D
    (Adobe supports NURBS in PRC, while U3D version 4 that has NURBS is not supported by Adobe).
    Now Adobe moves out of 3D field, but core PRC developers were not completely exterminated, only sold to Hoops 3D stable.
    So given the presence of superior PRC option it is not likely anyone has interest in developing public U3D libs.