Menu

Do I need the Intel® C++ Compiler ?

Christian
2007-02-12
2013-05-28
  • Christian

Christian - 2007-02-12

Hallo,

sorry my English isn't very good. I don't understand the following statement completely in the "ReleaseNotes.htm"

"Intel® C++ Compiler 9.0 and 9.1 for Windows* and Linux* can be used to build the U3D Sample Software".

My question is: Do I need the compiler for building the Projects or is it only possible to build it with the compiler.
    My problem is: I have to learn about U3D and wanted to start understanding it with compiling the "Hello World" example. I use the Microsoft Visual Studio but the Linker messages the error

"1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libmmt.lib'"

I know that the file 'libmmt.lib' is a file of the Intel C++ Compiler. So what do I have to do?

Thx,
    Christian

• Roman Borisov

Roman Borisov - 2007-02-12

Hello Christian,

You have such Linker error because our RTL was compiled by Intel(R) C++ Compiler. So to use binaries from the package you must have libmmt.lib and other libraries from that compiler.

To resolve this issue you should rebuild all projects with your (probably MS) compiler using. Just follow the build instructions.

Thanks,
      Roman

• Christian

Christian - 2007-02-15

Hallo Roman,

I was completely working in a false direction. With Your advise now I was able to build the "Hello World" project.

Thank You!
      Best regards
      Christian

• Roman Borisov

Roman Borisov - 2007-02-15

Hello Christian,

What version of U3D Sample Software are you using?
        As I know this problem was in previous versions but the last one (Gold Update 1.2) doesn't contain it anymore.

Thanks, Roman

• Christian

Christian - 2007-02-16

Hi Roman,

I thin I use the Gold Update 1.2 (U3D_A_061228_5.zip). But now I have another Problem. I want to view the created output.u3d file in the SamplePlayer. This worked properly yesterday. But today I get the message

"
      Assertion Failed

File      : ../../RTL/Kernel/Include/IFXCheckX.h
      Line      : 74
      Expression: 0
      "

when I try to load the file in the SamplePlayer. Maybe You can help me?

Thanks
      Christian

• user69

user69 - 2007-12-20

Hello I get the same error message when comiling a sample like HelloWorld:
      "1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libmmt.lib'"
      with MS Visual C++ Express 2005.
      As I read here I need to recompile the libraries comletly.

My questions:
      Can I complile the libraries with Visual C++ Express?
      Can I compile the Samples with Visual C++ Express?
      Do I need Visual C# Express for any compilations? (Whe can I use C++ and when C#)?

Thanks for your help