HelloWorld Example Help

ams
2008-06-04
2013-05-28
  • ams

ams - 2008-06-04

I'm am new to this software and also to Visual Studio, so I am having some problems using the HelloWorld source code.  Could some one tell me the step I need to take in order to get the code to build correctly?  Thanks in advance.

• ams

ams - 2008-06-04

I have made some progress, I can get it to build now, but it won't produce the output.u3d file.  Using the debugger I have found that I am getting the error IFX_E_GUIDHASHMAP_ID_NOT_FOUND.  It happens during this call in HelloWorld.cpp:

// Create mesh compiler that will create updates for progressive CLOD mesh
          if (IFXSUCCESS(result))
              result = IFXCreateComponent(CID_IFXAuthorGeomCompiler, IID_IFXAuthorGeomCompiler,
                                          (void**)&pCompiler);

Any ideas?

• ams

ams - 2008-06-06

Disregard this, I found my answer in an earlier thread.

• Leo

Leo - 2013-05-15

hi all,

i'm new here and try to write a tool for u3d in visual basic .net, but i have some startproblems.
    I work with the HelloWorld as how to program u3d, because the u3d.chm does not work.
    I downloaded the u3d zip-file more then 3 times, but the it doesn't work and i havn't found the same problem in this forum.

My problem is, that i don't know how to get pointer in visual basic for the IFXCreateComponent.
    What does (void**)&pComponent mean? A Pointer of a Pointer to the Memoryaddress of the Object?

Is there a chance to compile the IFX libaries as valid COM-libaries so I can import them easy into my project?

best regards
    Leo

• Michail Vidiassov

You may use my repack and ask cmake to prepare a Visual Studio solution for libraries and HelloWorld.

But that will not give you "valid COM-libraries", just a familiar look into the code.
    BTW, if your aims are not ambitious, you may try to use IDTF intermediate format and standalone IDTFConverter.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks