HelloWorld Example Help

ams
2008-06-04
2013-05-28
  • ams

ams - 2008-06-04

I'm am new to this software and also to Visual Studio, so I am having some problems using the HelloWorld source code.  Could some one tell me the step I need to take in order to get the code to build correctly?  Thanks in advance.

• ams

ams - 2008-06-04

I have made some progress, I can get it to build now, but it won't produce the output.u3d file.  Using the debugger I have found that I am getting the error IFX_E_GUIDHASHMAP_ID_NOT_FOUND.  It happens during this call in HelloWorld.cpp:

// Create mesh compiler that will create updates for progressive CLOD mesh
          if (IFXSUCCESS(result))
              result = IFXCreateComponent(CID_IFXAuthorGeomCompiler, IID_IFXAuthorGeomCompiler,
                                          (void**)&pCompiler);

Any ideas?

• ams

ams - 2008-06-06

Disregard this, I found my answer in an earlier thread.

• Leo

Leo - 2013-05-15

hi all,

i'm new here and try to write a tool for u3d in visual basic .net, but i have some startproblems.
    I work with the HelloWorld as how to program u3d, because the u3d.chm does not work.
    I downloaded the u3d zip-file more then 3 times, but the it doesn't work and i havn't found the same problem in this forum.

My problem is, that i don't know how to get pointer in visual basic for the IFXCreateComponent.
    What does (void**)&pComponent mean? A Pointer of a Pointer to the Memoryaddress of the Object?

Is there a chance to compile the IFX libaries as valid COM-libaries so I can import them easy into my project?

best regards
    Leo

• Michail Vidiassov

You may use my repack and ask cmake to prepare a Visual Studio solution for libraries and HelloWorld.

But that will not give you "valid COM-libraries", just a familiar look into the code.
    BTW, if your aims are not ambitious, you may try to use IDTF intermediate format and standalone IDTFConverter.