Menu

Setting up Tyrex for JTA

Help
2002-07-18
2002-09-10
  • Steve Ebersole

Steve Ebersole - 2002-07-18

Is it possible to set up Tyrex to function as a JTA transaction manager outside of any containers and app servers?

Specifically, I am interested in JTA management of an Oracle datasource.  However, after performing what I think is a valid set-up of a TransactionDomain, I either get no transaction-control (using the non-XA drivers) or exceptions (using the XA drivers).

The exception I get from the XA-compliant driver is:
    java.sql.SQLException: ORA-02089: COMMIT is not allowed in a subordinate session
            at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:114)
            at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:208)
            at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.Oall7.receive(Oall7.java:542)
            at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.doOall7(TTC7Protocol.java:1311)
            at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.parseExecuteFetch(TTC7Protocol.java:738)
            at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.executeNonQuery(OracleStatement.java:1313)
            at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteOther(OracleStatement.java:1232)
            at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithBatch(OracleStatement.java:1353)
            at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecute(OracleStatement.java:1760)
            at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.doExecuteWithTimeout(OracleStatement.java:1805)
            at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.executeUpdate(OraclePreparedStatement.java:322)
            at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.execute(OraclePreparedStatement.java:366)
            at oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXAResource.start(OracleXAResource.java:102)
            at tyrex.tm.impl.TransactionImpl.addNewResource(TransactionImpl.java:2717)
            at tyrex.tm.impl.TransactionImpl.enlistResource(TransactionImpl.java:669)
            at tyrex.tm.impl.TransactionManagerImpl.enlistResource(TransactionManagerImpl.java:368)
            at tyrex.resource.jdbc.ConnectionPool.getConnection(ConnectionPool.java:417)
            at tyrex.resource.jdbc.ConnectionPool.getConnection(ConnectionPool.java:398)
            at tests.TestTyrexSetup.execute(TestTyrexSetup.java:71)
            at tests.TestTyrexSetup.main(TestTyrexSetup.java:49)
    18 Jul 2002 11:37:45:tyrex.default:ERROR Error oracle.jdbc.xa.OracleXAException[code -3 - oracle.jdbc.xa.OracleXAException] reported in transaction xid:00e0ffce-5eb4fa86d51173830410beb4b586df86 oracle error code: 65535
    oracle.jdbc.xa.OracleXAException
            at oracle.jdbc.xa.OracleXAResource.checkError(OracleXAResource.java:467)

Can anyone help with this?

• Riad Mohammed

Riad Mohammed - 2002-08-28

Can you make sure that JServer is enabled for Oracle?

Thanks
      Riad

• Steve Ebersole

Steve Ebersole - 2002-09-09

Sorry for the late response.

I did verify that JServer is running on that Oracle database (JServer Release 8.1.6.0.0).

• Riad Mohammed

Riad Mohammed - 2002-09-10

Do you need to setup 8.1.6 for JDBC XA like install the XA java classes on the database? I only test against 8.1.7

Riad