Menu

Tyrex can't create Transaction

Help
2003-10-16
2003-10-31
  • Peter Scholze

Peter Scholze - 2003-10-16

Hi all,

I'm trying to use Tyrex 1.0 with Java 1.4.1 and Tomcat 4.1.27.
    Configuring Tyrex according to the Tomcat 4.1 JNDI DataSource HOW-TO, I get following exception every time Tomcat starts:
    Starting Tyrex  Version 1.0
    Intalio Inc. (C) 1999-2001. All rights reserved.

TyrexResourceFactory:  Cannot create Tyrex Resource, Exception
    javax.naming.NamingException: Could not create TransactionDomain: Nested error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The prefix 'xml' is reserved (XML 1.0 Specification) and cannot be declared.
            at org.apache.naming.factory.TyrexFactory.getTransactionDomain(TyrexFactory.java:138)
            at org.apache.naming.factory.TyrexResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(TyrexResourceFactory.java:136)
            at org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFactory.java:186)

Anyone who can help me?
    Thanks in advance,
    Peter

• Riad Mohammed

Riad Mohammed - 2003-10-16

I don't think this is a Tyrex issue as the exception is coming from org.apache.naming.factory.TyrexFactory, which is part of Tomcat.

• chin wei

chin wei - 2003-10-31

i don know whether is this the correct way to solve this problem, but after removing the xercesImpl.jar file from the common\endorsed dir, the exception disappear.

i wonder why tomcat server doesnt know how to use the tyrex's xerces jar file in the common\lib dir instead of common\endorsed dir..  =(