Menu

OTS Server

Help
2004-01-27
2004-01-29
  • Steven Corry

Steven Corry - 2004-01-27

Hi all
    Im trying to use tyrex to control transactions in a simple banking CORBA application. I have the OTS server set up and available for creating transactions. Im wondering how i can now access this same TransactionDomain, which is created in the OTS server, from within my application to access the oracle database i have set up as a resource.
    I have tried creating the domain again aswell as calling getDomain to access the supposedly already created domain but to no avail.
    Any help would be much appreciated

• Rost Vashevnik

Rost Vashevnik - 2004-01-28

Hi Steven !

I am not very familiar with this side of Tyrex, but I am willing to do some investigation for you. Just a casual look through junit tests in CVS reveals that there is a test of CORBA / OTS integration, but it does not appear (test that is) to include integration with TransactionDomain. May be you can have a look there and see something I do not.

I might have a better look at the codebase within a few days.

Sorry for not being much help.

• Steven Corry

Steven Corry - 2004-01-29

Rost
      Thanks for your reply.  My overall goal is to show an example of distributed transactions in a CORBA environment using tyrex, where my transactional objects actually update one or more databases.
      I can get the TransactionFactory successfully from the tyrex OTS server and create control objects, however i cant see away of registering an XADataSource as a participant in the transaction from the COntrol object.
      Ive also tried using implicit method with current but to no luck either.
      Ive been looking through the junit tests which have been helpfull to show how the components work, however i cant find any examples of them all working together (OTSServer, Current , XAResources)
      If anybody has been successfull is achieveing anything like this id be very happy to hear from you.