Twittering-mode 0.9.0 was released.
Twittering-mode adopted various features of Twitter, such as
follow/remove, favorites, lists, direct messages and so on. Besides
there's a lot of improvement and bug fixes.
Much to my delight, the number of contributors have increased, and the
major part of this release was made by them. Thank you for your
The summary of improvements and bug fixes follows:
* Moved to GitHub.
* Brand new web site in English and Japanese.
* Secure sessions via HTTPS if 'cURL' is available.
* Lists support.
* Follow/remove support.
* Favorite/unfavorite support.
* Hash tag support.
* Direct message support.
* On-the-spot TinyURL-ize(tinyurl or to.ly).
* On-the-fly tweet length check.
* ReTweet format string.
* Remembers visited user names and tweets.
* Parameterized the number of tweets retrieved at a time.
* Walk through items(username, URL, etc) by TAB.
* Image type discriminant with 'file' program if available.
* More descriptive error messages on minibuffer.
* Do not discard old timeline data as possible.
* Suspend by hitting 'q'.
* Image file resize with 'convert' program(imagemagick) if available.
* Unit test framework was introduced.
* Support 'Proxy-connection: Keep-Alive'.
* Flexible format string function (twittering-format-string).
* Refactored 'twittering-format-status' by twitterint-format-string.
* More efficient HTTP response processing.
## Bug fixes
* URL cannot not be opened by mouse-click or Enter.
* Don't set the original status ID when retweeting.
* Wrong regexp for searching URL in status text.
* Username extraction from status text.
* Update mode-line immediately.
* Use a temporary buffer for each HTTP session.
* Use MD5 hash to distinguish image files with the same name.
* Check whether temp buffers are alive in sentinels before killing them.
* And some typos.
## Thanks to
* Alberto Garcia
* Jaemok Jeong
* Kouhei Sutou
* Naohiro Aota
* Satoshi Yatagawa
* Tadasohi MATSUO
* Thomas Danckaert
* Tsuyoshi CHO
* IMAI Toshiyuki
Master's degree student at Kitsuregawa Laboratory
Department of Information and Communication Engineering
Graduate School of Information Science and Technology
University of Tokyo
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.