Tux Racer Version 0.61 has been released! It is available
This release mainly patches problems with version 0.60.3,
but also adds a few new features. New in this release:
- SDL can be used instead of GLUT for handling OpenGL
contexts and mouse/keyboard events (the Windows build no
longer uses GLUT). Using SDL gives better fullscreen
rendering support under both Linux and Windows.
- Added a fish pickup sound.
- Added a "diagnostic log" feature to help diagnose system
problems and pinpoint bugs. To create the log, set
"write_diagnostic_log" to true in the options file; the
log (diagnostic_log.txt) will be created next time Tux
Racer is run. Please include (selected parts) of the log
when submitting bug reports.
- Cygwin is no longer used in the Windows build.
- Fog can now be disabled (for buggy Rage 128 drivers) --
set "disable_fog" to true in the options file.
- Added a loading screen (this fixes Debian Bug #75235).
- X libraries now included in LIBS in configure script;
this should fix some GLUT detection problems.
- The configure script now includes a --disable-sdl option.
- Arbitrary joystick axes can be mapped to Tux controls
(thanks to Julie Brandon for suggestion and patch).
- Fixed some 32-bit-isms to allow compiling on 64-bit
machines (like Alphas); thanks to Jay Estabrook for patch.
Jasmin Patry Lead Programmer, Tux Racer
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.