How to import project to eclipse and how to build and run from sources ?

Help
2013-08-06
2013-12-29
  • Yruama_Lairba

Yruama_Lairba - 2013-08-06

hello,

I'm using eclipse kepler release but i'm notreally familiar with this IDE. I want to import the tuxguitar project and build it from sources but I encounter several difficulties :

I import project using "File>Import" and then "General>importing exisisting project into workspace". It's seems to work but i get many errors. It's seems to be path errors and naturaly, I can't build and run the project.

I try to do that ==> http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/tgwiki/doku.php?id=doc:eclipse_import , but it didn't correspond with menus and choices I have in eclipse ?

Can somebody help me please ?

• Yruama_Lairba

Yruama_Lairba - 2013-08-10

Up! I can't believe nobody knows how to build the project !

• Collette

Collette - 2013-08-29

Hello,

Once you have checked out a svn working copy, go into

build-scripts/tuxguitar-linux-x86_64/

here, start the compilation using maven:

mvn clean package -Dnative-modules=true

You will find the compiled distrib in

build-scripts/tuxguitar-linux-x86_64/target/tuxguitar-1.3-SNAPSHOT-linux-x86_64/

Here, start tuxguitar.sh

• Tom Potts

Tom Potts - 2013-09-20

That's easy enough but is how can you use an IDE like eclipse or netbeans to develop?

• Tom Potts

Tom Potts - 2013-09-20

Yruama_Lairba - there is an extension for eclipse (m2eclipse) that will apparently handle the POM file
    I'm just going to try Netbeans on the POM too...

• Collette

Collette - 2013-10-11

Yes, normally, you can import a maven project into eclipse.
    The maven file to import is located here: build-scripts/tuxguitar-linux-x86_64/

• Tom Potts

Tom Potts - 2013-10-22

It seems my Eclipse is broken for the moment but I've just pointed a Maven enabled Netbeans at the directory and I'm in!

• Lex

Lex - 2013-12-29

Hi,

Could you please post instructions in textual form? I am visually impaired so can't see the video, but I'd like to improve tuxguitar's accessibility for screen reader users.

Thanks.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks