Create Users

Help
Patrick
2006-01-31
2012-12-11
  • Patrick

Patrick - 2006-01-31

Is there away to manually create users? I don't use ldap on my server. On the demo site in the admin section there is an option to create users, which is disabled. On older versions of tutos allowed manual creations of users.

thanks in advance

• Hugh Blandford

Hugh Blandford - 2006-01-31

I run rather an old version but can you not:

1) create a normal address entry for your prospective user or go to an existing address entry

2) select modify

3) I have a 'User Create' option between 'See Entry'  at the bottom of the first section and 'Team Create' at the top of the third section in the "left hand" menu.

You will of course need to be logged in with a user who has permissions to create new users!!!

• Gero Kohnert

Gero Kohnert - 2006-01-31

The latest version allows a "one step" creation of an adress entry together with a user account.

Even if you use some external (ldap) system for authentification you always need a TUTOS object corresponding to the external account.

Gero

• Patrick

Patrick - 2006-02-01

Thanks, that was very helpful. Another question if I may ask. I wasn't able to fill out all of the information you see before you click on the modify link. I tried to link the two with the company section but to no avail.

thanks again.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks