Files in /tmp/mmcache

Help
2003-06-23
2003-06-25
  • Henry Stein

Henry Stein - 2003-06-23

Why are the Files stored immediately in the /tmp/mmcache folder? altough the allocated Memory is not at the limit.

• TiM

TiM - 2003-06-24

I too can verify I am seeing this with MMCache 2.3.16.

Is there a define that we should comment out or something?  It's not really a problem, but it's interesting that it's just started to happen and doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.

Thanks

• Dmitry Stogov

Dmitry Stogov - 2003-06-24

Now files always cached on disk and if it is possible then in shared memory.
      When shared memory is full some files are deleted from it. Then they requested again they are not recompiled, but loaded from disk cache.
      Also when you restart HTTPD server all files from disk cache are not requre recompilation.

The "mmcache.php" shows only files that cached in shared memory.

• Henry Stein

Henry Stein - 2003-06-24

Ah cool that was what I want to know :)

• tmgh141242

tmgh141242 - 2003-06-25

i also finded that all files were cached on disk and not in memory.i think it's not good solution about files stored on disk.because the speed will slower than in memory.in fact,i tested the speed factor on disk and in memory.i finded that it's faster than on disk.can you have better solution about this problem?

• Dmitry Stogov

Dmitry Stogov - 2003-06-25

See into mmcache.php. It shows only files that are cached in shared memory. Is it empty?

• tmgh141242

tmgh141242 - 2003-06-25

mmcache.php showes the files in memory.but i finded the fact all files showed in the mmcache.php stored on disk.this is funny.can you tell me why?since from 2.3.16,it becomes so.

• Dmitry Stogov

Dmitry Stogov - 2003-06-25

Now files always cached on disk and if it is possible then in shared memory.
            When shared memory is full some files are deleted from it. Then they requested again they are not recompiled, but loaded from disk cache.
            Also when you restart HTTPD server all files from disk cache are not requre recompilation.