Menu

no tv streams?

Tom Green
2007-08-16
2013-04-17
  • Tom Green

Tom Green - 2007-08-16

Any reason why I would get no TV streams? 

• Nobody/Anonymous

yeah, me too "No streams Available!"
      Please help ; ]

• James Stone

James Stone - 2007-08-18

• Nobody/Anonymous

To enable TV streams in Ubuntu (Hardy):

edit /etc/tunapie.config
      so it has 1 instead of 0

This seems to turn off all TV when set to 0. Note to newbies (like me), open the folder as an administrator so your change may be saved.

• James Stone

James Stone - 2009-01-31

That should only switch on and off adult content TV

• Nobody/Anonymous

That Winamp link is about 2 years old.  Anyway, I see this a lot in Tunapie in the radio stations as well.  Is this just a Shoutcast issue?  I ask because if I go to the classic shoutcast site all of the stations show up there no problem.

• James Stone

James Stone - 2009-02-07

Yes, so was the post!

I don't know why the server performance is so bad, and I have no control over it. Tunapie does not directly use either the classic or the new web pages - it connects direct to the same backend that winamp does. I guess it needs some investigation with someone who also has winamp installed to see if it is just a tunapie problem. I suspect it is probably not though. Perhaps everyone should move over to using the icecast rather than the winamp server with tunapie (although the video listings aren't so great). Alternatively there is always streamtuner, which directly uses the classic winamp web page, but then you get no video streams at all.

I would appreciate some help with this one.

• Nobody/Anonymous

I'd like to help you.  It looks like you have the URLs in tunapie2_main.py.  I don't know exactly how this works, but if I try plugging your URLs in a browser they don't work.

http://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/newxml.phtml?genre=Top500

doesn't produce anything.  Perhaps these links should be pointing to "classic.shoutcast.com..."?  I'm just guessing here.  I don't see any other file in your source that points to the shoutcast server, so I assume you get the directory listings somehow from the URLs in tunapie2_main.py.

• James Stone

James Stone - 2009-02-07

That link should show up a load of xml data (certainly does on my computer). You might need to view source on your browser to see it.

The xml format has changed between classic and new, and I rewrote the code in tunapie for the new format, so just changing it back to classic won't work, without some other reversions in the code. If the xml loading on classic works better, it would be fairly simple to change back.

Next time you get a non-loading in tunapie, check the xml loading in a browser for the two urls and see if there is any difference.

• jtuttle

jtuttle - 2009-03-05

James,

I was just getting the 503 error in Tunapie, then loaded that URL and viewed the source and there was a list of stations there.  Perhaps Tunapie has a timing issue?