Postgres Help

Help
Josh
2008-02-13
2013-04-09
  • Josh

Josh - 2008-02-13

I was wondering if there is any documentation on how to use postgres instead of mySql.  The two peices that I think I will need are

1:  A create_schema_postgres.sql script 
    I have gotten most of the mysql script to run against postgres with some changes but I was hoping if someone has already done this that I could use their script.

2:  Let hibernate know I am using postgres.
    I see where it is specified in the source but can not find it in the binaries.

Any help on these would be great.

Thanks
    Josh

• Julien Dubois

Julien Dubois - 2008-02-14

Hi Josh,

Somebody already told me he did this script but he didn't send it to me :-(
      If you succeed, please do send me this script so that I can at least save it into Subversion. I'm sure you're not the only one who wants to use Postgresql.

This part of the configuration is hard-coded in the "DataSourceFactory" object. I know it's not a good thing to hard-code this kind of thing, but I needed to do it in order to configure automatically HSQLDB in-memory in case no database is found.
      If you look inside the WAR file, it's inside WEB-INF/lib/tudu-core-*.jar

I'd love to have postgresql support, don't hesitate to email me on this.

Julien.

• Josh

Josh - 2008-02-19

Julien,

1.  I will post any progress I make on postgres, right now I just installed mySql to avoid work, but I do plan to migrate to postgres eventually. (In 1-2 months) 

2.  Ah, I see that, no Problem I already have the source in Eclipse so it should be no problem to change that.

Thanks again for this great little product
      Josh

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks