Help
Nadeem
2006-10-26
2013-04-09
  • Nadeem

Nadeem - 2006-10-26

Hi,
    I am trying to deploy Tudu 1.2 war on resin 3.0.21,
    the following is the configuration changes I have made in order to get it working

1. Create a data source in the app server for the tudu datbase,
    <pre>
    <database jndi-name='jdbc/tudu'>
        <driver type="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver">
        <url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/tudu</url>
        <user>root</user>
        <password></password>
        </driver>
        <prepared-statement-cache-size>8</prepared-statement-cache-size>
        <max-connections>20</max-connections>
        <max-idle-time>30s</max-idle-time>
        <spy>true</spy>
    </database>
    </pre>

the above resource is getting used in the web.xml under following config
    <pre>    <resource-ref>
            <description>Database Connection</description>
            <res-ref-name>jdbc/tudu</res-ref-name>
            <res-type>javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
            <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
            <res-sharing-scope>Shareable</res-sharing-scope>
        </resource-ref></pre>

now when I try to deploy the app I get the foolwoing exception

[12:16:31.046] WebApp[http://localhost:8080/tudu-1.2] starting
    [12:16:31.921] Loading Spring root WebApplicationContext
    234  [main] ERROR org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader  - Context initialization failed
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Bean name must not be empty
            at org.springframework.util.Assert.hasText(Assert.java:169)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.RuntimeBeanReference.<init>(RuntimeBeanRefere
    nce.java:55)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.RuntimeBeanReference.<init>(RuntimeBeanRefere
    nce.java:43)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionBuilder.addPropertyReference(B
    eanDefinitionBuilder.java:115)
            at org.springframework.transaction.config.TxAdviceBeanDefinitionParser.doParse(TxAdviceBe
    anDefinitionParser.java:67)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.AbstractSingleBeanDefinitionParser.parseInternal
    (AbstractSingleBeanDefinitionParser.java:32)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.AbstractBeanDefinitionParser.parse(AbstractBeanD
    efinitionParser.java:35)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionParserHelper.parseCustomElement
    (XmlBeanDefinitionParserHelper.java:1076)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanDefiniti
    ons(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:146)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.registerBeanDefin
    itions(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:87)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(
    XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:509)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(Xm
    lBeanDefinitionReader.java:353)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlB
    eanDefinitionReader.java:302)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlB
    eanDefinitionReader.java:277)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinit
    ions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:129)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinit
    ions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:145)
            at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(X
    mlWebApplicationContext.java:126)
            at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(X
    mlWebApplicationContext.java:94)
            at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanF
    actory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:89)
            at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplica
    tionContext.java:279)
            at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.refre
    sh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:155)
            at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoade
    r.java:246)
            at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.
    java:184)
            at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoader
    Listener.java:49)
            at com.caucho.server.webapp.Application.start(Application.java:1647)
            at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployController.startImpl(DeployController.java:621)
            at com.caucho.server.deploy.StartAutoRedeployAutoStrategy.startOnInit(StartAutoRedeployAu
    toStrategy.java:72)
            at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployController.startOnInit(DeployController.java:509)
            at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployContainer.start(DeployContainer.java:153)
            at com.caucho.server.webapp.ApplicationContainer.start(ApplicationContainer.java:670)
            at com.caucho.server.host.Host.start(Host.java:420)
            at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployController.startImpl(DeployController.java:621)
            at com.caucho.server.deploy.StartAutoRedeployAutoStrategy.startOnInit(StartAutoRedeployAu
    toStrategy.java:72)
            at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployController.startOnInit(DeployController.java:509)
            at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployContainer.start(DeployContainer.java:153)
            at com.caucho.server.host.HostContainer.start(HostContainer.java:504)
            at com.caucho.server.resin.ServletServer.start(ServletServer.java:971)
            at com.caucho.server.deploy.AbstractDeployControllerStrategy.start(AbstractDeployControll
    erStrategy.java:56)
            at com.caucho.server.deploy.DeployController.start(DeployController.java:517)
            at com.caucho.server.resin.ResinServer.start(ResinServer.java:546)
            at com.caucho.server.resin.Resin.init(Resin.java)
            at com.caucho.server.resin.Resin.main(Resin.java:625)

I will be thankfull to anyone who can help me,

thanks
    nadeem.

• Julien Dubois

Julien Dubois - 2006-10-26

Hello,

Your error does not seem to be related to the datasource configuration : sounds more like a problem in one of the Spring configuration files to me.

I'll release Tudu Lists 2 very soon, and I changed the datasource configuration, as many people have problems with it (like you). If you can wait a few days...

Julien.

• Nadeem

Nadeem - 2006-10-26

Hi Julien,

Thanks for replying, I can certainly wait for the next release.

thanks
      Nadeem

• Julien Dubois

Julien Dubois - 2006-12-29

Hi there,

You should try out the new 2.0-beta-1 release, it should help you a lot with your database connection problem.
      Check the documentation on the website : http://tudu.sourceforge.net/database_setup.html
      (it is not complete yet, the previous JNDI option is still working).

Please write a comment if it works on Resin!

Julien.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks