CLR source?

2010-12-09
2013-04-29
  • Luke Winikates

Luke Winikates - 2010-12-09

I'm torn; this project seems like it has a good feature set, but the CLR requirement does feel really heavy to me so does ('alter database set trusteworthy on'). I'd kind of like to know what it's doing in there, too. Any chance that will be open-sourced along with the .sql files?

• Dennis Lloyd Jr

Dennis Lloyd Jr - 2011-01-08

Hello, sorry it took us so long to reply to you. You can checkout the complete source code from the SVN repository at: https://tsqlt.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/tsqlt. This includes the complete CLR code also. We are doing the following in the CLR code:
    -Building the tabular output that you see in the final results (we used to do this in pure SQL code but it was cleaner to do in CLR so we moved it)
    -There are a few functions which were only possible in CLR. These are: ResultSetFilter, AssertResultSetsHaveSameMetaData and NewConnection.

To be honest, off the top of my head, I don't know if you actually need to set trustworthy to on for the tabular output. Although I'm pretty sure you will need it for the other three functions. If you have a chance, try it out and let us know. Otherwise, next chance I get I'll test it out myself.

In practice, we highly recommend that you write and execute your test cases in a development or test database and never in your production database. That way you do not need to expose your self to turning trustworthy on in production if you have no other need to do so.

Thanks for you interest in the project. We look forward to hearing more about your experiences.

Cheers!
    -Dennis

• Thijs Lambrecht

Thijs Lambrecht - 2011-08-18

OutputCaptor.cs seems to be missing

• Dennis Lloyd Jr

Dennis Lloyd Jr - 2011-10-06

OutputCaptor.cs was added to the repository a few weeks ago. Sorry for the late reply here.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks