Absences

2010-08-26
2013-05-13
  • Bernhard Krabina

Hi,
    are there any plans to enhance the absences feature? We would need to be able to add compensation in hours, not only half days.
    Furthermore Austrian law requires to document the time of starting and ending work. An enhancement of the absences sheet could do that.
    -Bernhard

• tommo

tommo - 2010-08-26

No plans, but ideas. It should be configurable as to which unit (day/half-day/hour) is used. I need an attendance report too (one which shows the clock in and out times. This could easily be adapted from the absence report.

Should I give you access to SVN so that you can get cracking?

Cheers

• Blaise Drayer

Blaise Drayer - 2010-08-27

Why not use a project with different tasks for managing absences?

It would be simpler I think and more flexible

• Scott Miller

Scott Miller - 2010-08-27

bdrayer: you are correct, until HR wants a report that summarizes how much someone was working and how much time off they had.  We do exactly what you've suggested, and just this week HR asked for this kind of report, now, because we have all kinds of "time off" tasks within all kinds of projects, I have a lot of work to do to give them this kind of report, and this report will be brittle: changes to projects could easily cause this new report to be wrong on the numbers.

Handling time off, absences, etc cleanly, clearly has not been achieved yet.

• Blaise Drayer

Blaise Drayer - 2010-08-28

Ok,

What we have at my job is one "absences" project under our company name and with many task. After this I created a report that give me total of holidays for the year. Why not use such idea with a fixed id for internal company and absences project and ask the user to change this (the name of the company) when starting for the first time tsheetx? It will allow a quick removal of this data from all reports and have this data to create this reports without hassle.

The only problem would be actual installations but with some SQL magic it's possible to do it.

I created many reports for our job needs but now I must test if they are compatible with the actual code (It was for the 1.21 version,… Before tsheetx)

• Bernhard Krabina

No plans, but ideas. It should be configurable as to which unit (day/half-day/hour) is used. I need an attendance report too (one which shows the clock in and out times. This could easily be adapted from the absence report. Should I give you access to SVN so that you can get cracking?

Unfortunately, I am not a PHP programmer. But I am looking forward to an attendance report with in and out times!

-Bernhard

• Blaise Drayer

Blaise Drayer - 2010-08-30

@b_krabina : Do you have an example (PDF or image) of what you must have for the attendance report?

What type of absences do you need? The one that are listed on tsheetx are OK? If yes your needs are only to have a start time and an end time ?