I am attempting to update my profile but I am receiving the below error.
root@server # /opt/tripwire/sbin/tripwire -m p -c /opt/tripwire/etc/tw.cfg -p /opt/tripwire/etc/tw.pol -d /opt/tripwire/lib/tripwire/server.twd -Z low /opt/tripwire/sbin/twpol.txt
Parsing policy file: /opt/tripwire/sbin/twpol.txt
### Error: Character Encoding Error.
### Filename: /opt/tripwire/lib/tripwire/server.twd
Does anyone know how to correct this?
I experienced this problem many years ago with Tripwire under Solaris 10. My solution at the time was to
# unset LANG
prior to issuing any Tripwire commands. Hope this helps!
Thanks I will have to give that a try. How would I sent the LANG back after I have completed the profile update?
Another question, will I need to leave LANG unset for tripwire to run its usual process?
I don't know the reason behind the error but if I had to guess I would say the Tripwire software was compiled on a system with a different locale than is currently in use by your machine. If you simply # echo LANG you should be able to see what the current system localization is set to. Further, you can permanently modify the setting in the /etc/default/init file.
If unspecifying the localization gets your Tripwire working, yes, you will need to either unset it in whatever script/cron job you run Tripwire from normally, or reconfigure your system to a locale that works with the Tripwire binaries you are using.
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.