Tripwire on AIX 5.3

prakashbns
2006-10-17
2013-04-30
  • prakashbns

prakashbns - 2006-10-17

Hello All,

Has anybody installed tripwire 2.4.0.1 on AIX 5.x?? I had a little bit success in compiling & also successfully doing a make. But make install is failing with the following error

Creating key files...
    install.sh[683]: 557092 Segmentation fault(coredump)
    Error: site key generation failed

Even when I tried to create the site pass phrase with twadmin command it fails with a segmentation fault & dumps a core.

Has anyone gone through the same pain??

Appreciate if anybody can give me some tips/guidance.

Thanks

Shiva

• carli_cathomen

carli_cathomen - 2006-11-23

I compiled it on AIX5.2 and the make install also failed...

I had to delete TWDOCS in the policy file

sed /TWDOCS/d /freeware/tripwire-2.4.0.1/policy/twpol-AIX.txt >/freeware/tripwire-2.4.0.1/policy/twpol-AIX.txt.tmp
      cp /freeware/tripwire-2.4.0.1/policy/twpol-AIX.txt.tmp /freeware/tripwire-2.4.0.1/policy/twpol-AIX.txt

cheers
      carli

• prakashbns

prakashbns - 2006-11-23

Well, I gave up finally on tripwire install on AIX 5.3

Instead I found that samhain http://www.la-samhna.de/samhain/ very interesting & does pretty much the same stuff as tripwire. Its very easy to compile & install. All one needs is the GNU C++ compiler. Once compiled on one system it can be copied to many other systems (executables & other config files, where you don't have to have GNU C++) & its pretty light weight on space & CPU usage. Its really a nice program & would recommend to anybody as an basic IDS on unix.

Cheers

Shiva