See "State of tests" in the Development forum for context.
- Running all tests in Eclipse takes about 12 minutes for me. With this patch it takes 50 seconds. For ant test, the difference is less: From 3:30-4 minutes, to 2:15 minutes.
- While Eclipse used to find 1373 tests to run and ant test 923, both now agree there are 492 tests.
Content of patch:
- Removes all use of TestSuite. For instance, Eclipse and ant test ended up running many tests 3 times, because they were part of 2 TestSuite in addition to the TestCase.
- Renames all files containing TestCase to end with Test.java. This is standard jUnit convention. For instance some used to end with Tests.java. This makes ant test find all TestCase files.
- Reduces running time of some of the heavier tests by reducing some counts: MessengerTest.java (number of clients from 100 to 50), OddsCalculatorTest.java and especially DOddsCalculatorTest.java.
Log in to post a comment.