Splash screens for new release

Onsemeliot
2014-07-23
2014-07-24
  • Onsemeliot

Onsemeliot - 2014-07-23

As discussed in "New version for Debian Jessie release?" I hereby open the discussion for splash screens.

From my point of view the most important thing about this subject is not using images of objects which look bad if they get disproportionally scaled to fit different aspect ratios/screens.

Since we have no programer available who could probably adapt the code to set up splash screens in a different way we just need to use images without any recognizable objects. Mud or asphalt textures could work fine.

A probably friction free source of such images could be morgefile.com since the images there can be used in any way as log as they are not the sole purpose of the whole thing. It's not even necessary to credit the author - even if I would do it anyway...

• Onsemeliot

Onsemeliot - 2014-07-24

Ok, great, qubodub. Thanks for the licensing background information. Texture pics should anyways be easy to come by. The splash images obviously shouldn't be very bright.

But, like you, I could live with black screens as well. They are minimalistic. I like that... ;)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks