Been a while since I used Turbo Sync Apro and was wondering if it will install with either RAD Studio (delphi) 2009 or Delphi XE2 ? I have a demo of XE2 and full version of 2009. Which package (if any) are compatible with these versions ? I tried installing the 2010 package, but just get the error "Cannot load package.. Asynpro_2010. The system cannot find the specified file".
I get the same error with both installations of Delphi. I have added the "../Run" and "version 4 units in queue for upgrade" directories to the Delphi path. Does not seem to help,
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Yes, SongBeamer version is compatible with XE2. It was released Sep 04 2011.
(go down to TurboPower AsyncPro).
I'm using the official V5 version under DelphiXE (not XE2), and It works perfectly.
AFAIK, it should be compatible with XE2.
Like Dave, I am trying to install the Async version 5.00 components into "RAD Studio XE2". My last install was version 4.06 into "Delphi 7" and in that case I simply used the "A406_D70.bpl" with "Component / Install Package" and all went fine. However, I cannot figure out how to install this current version - trident, can you provide any advice?
Just open AsyncPro Tiburon.groupproj compile all projects and install desgin time packages.
Trident - thanks that worked perfectly, but I had to download the "songbeamer" version for some reason.
Dave, if you are still reading this, then for XE2 do the following :
1. Got to http://www.songbeamer.com/delphi/ as Trident suggested above and run down to the "TurboPower AsyncPro" section.
2. Hit the "download" button and save to someplace appropriate e.g. C:\Apro\Songbeamer\.
3. Open XE2 and select Tools\Options and go to the Delphi Options\Library selection, then add your C:\Apro\Songbeamer\source to the "Library Path".
4. Do File\Open Project and select the "TPApro XE2.groupproj" from the C:\Apro\Songbeamer\packages\Delphi XE2 directory.
5. Do Project\Compile All Projects and assuming all went well then
6. In the "Project Manager" window right click on the "A407_D160.bpl" file and choose "Install".
Your Apro components should now be added.
If you are coming from an older version then you will have to adjust some Char to AnsiChar and String to AnsiString and also some of the parameter lists may be changed in a similar fashion, but apart from that all appears to work fine.
@Eric thx for sharing your investigation on this forum.
I'm always glad to see the open source community so open-minded and sharing knowledge.
In these trouble days, this is really appreciable.
Trident - no problem.
Although, I now have one other question - do you know if there are help files that I can load into XE2?
@Eric no, I haven't use it, so I don't know.
Log in to post a comment.