Avi Jackobson - 2009-10-20

Hi !!

There's an update for Delphi 2010 ?

Regards

Avi

• Zoë Peterson

Zoë Peterson - 2009-10-20

Hi Avi,

Abbrevia has been updated for Delphi 2010, but we haven't released a new zip yet.  You can get a copy of it from Subversion by following the directions at http://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=svn&group_id=71001

• Avi Jackobson

Avi Jackobson - 2009-10-21

Hi Peterson,

Tnk's for your reply ,

glad that abbrevia update to d2010.

Regards,

Avi

• David Cresswell

David Cresswell - 2009-10-27

Whilst I can build the packages fine under D6, I seem to get some fairly fundamental compiler errors when using either D2009 or D2010. Specifically, in the first instance, AbZipTyp (undefined Sig in TAbZipDataDescriptor.LoadFromStream).

Do I need to use any conditional defines or do anything particularly clever to get unicode based versions to build?

• Zoë Peterson

Zoë Peterson - 2009-10-27

Sorry about that, I messed up a recent checkin.  It's fixed in Subversion now.

• David Cresswell

Thanks! That seems to have sorted the two D2010 packages.

However, there are also a few issues with AbUtils when you try to compile any of the example projects. I tried to bluster through with a few ham-fisted casts but my ability to convert unicode stuff really is woeful.

Thought it best leaving to someone more able?

• Zoë Peterson

Are you sure you're using the version of AbUtils from Subversion?  All of the files in the "source" directory have already been converted to Unicode and should compile with Delphi 2010 without any errors/warnings/hints. 

I only have Delphi 2009 to test with right now, but I was able to compile all of the projects in Examples\Delphi.  The examples haven't been updated yet, so they do give various warnings, but only for files in the examples directories, and none of them look serious.

• David Cresswell

I think so (although I'm also an SVN virgin, so bear with me).

Browsing the 212 version seems to look the same as mine. The compiler doesn't like line 590 in the first instance. I'll give it a go with D2009 and see if that helps

590     Result := Path;

• Zoë Peterson

I don't see anything that could be wrong with that function or that line.  What error message does the compiler give?

• David Cresswell

Fear not - I've worked out the problem. I had an older version of Abbrevia source in my search path. Settting this correctly to the new source now has D2009/D2010 all compiling sweetly.

Many thanks for your patience and quick responses

• kappa

kappa - 2009-12-11

Hello.
    I have a problem with b305_r2010.lib file.
    When I compile my project, RAD Studio asks for it.
    After compiling .dpk files there appear only .bpl files, but no .lib.
    How can I create it or tell RAD Studio not to look for it?

Thanx
    kappa

• Zoë Peterson

Zoë Peterson - 2010-01-09

Hi Kappa,

I haven't seen any issues like that.  Are you using C++Builder?  With Delphi I'm only seeing the .bpls, no .libs, and it isn't asking for them.  Are you trying to build with runtime packages?

Craig