Standing not showing eliminated players...

Help
2010-03-22
2013-03-27
  • John Holder

John Holder - 2010-03-22

Well, something's broken or didn't make the merge - the standing used to show with a more grey background brackets that had been eliminated from winning, and it isn't working now… I'll look into it.

John

• John Holder

John Holder - 2010-03-22

Ok, in calculate paths to victory, eliminated is set.

In 1.0.3, before we had a full calculate paths to vistory, we had an additional criteria - we set eliminated to TRUE anytime a bracket's BEST score was lower than any user's actual score.  On my pool, this has already happened to someone… and it bugs me that it doesn't get computed in the pre-sweet 16 phase.

• John Holder

John Holder - 2010-03-22

As an aside, If this were done in score.php, and calc paths looked for it, we could save computation time by not calculating paths for users already eliminated. (we might already do this, dunno)

• Rob J

Rob J - 2010-03-22

Why would the best score be lower than the actual score? shouldn't it be greater than or equal to?

We had problems with calc paths ending prematurely. So, we had to make sure there were ~32,000 scenarios listed at the top of endgamesummary to know that it had worked correctly.

• John Holder

John Holder - 2010-03-22

I didn't say a user's best would be lower than their actual.

I said, "anytime a bracket's BEST score was lower than any user's actual score."

So, the worst bracket in my pool has scored 18 (using geometric scoring) and has 0 possible remain (this would work even if they has more possible remaining - say 8 ) so their best possible outcome is 18 points (possible points remaining)  (if they could score 8 more, their best possible outcome would be 26 points).

Every other bracket has scored at least 35 points already, so you can see that this person is eliminated.  I've already got 43 pts.  This guy can score at best (with possible points remaining on his best path), 18 (or hypothetically as above, 26).  He should be marked eliminated, even though we haven't run calculate_paths_to_victory

• Rob J

Rob J - 2010-03-22

Ah, misread. There was a reason we changed this, but I forget. Maybe to simplify things. It's probably only the difference between a day or two when the guy knows he is eliminated.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks