Close

Compiling for Windows

Help
2004-05-27
2012-07-03
  • Peter Simard

Peter Simard - 2004-05-27

Hi,

I'm trying to compile on Windows (using VC6) and have a problem with files using the drand function (from GNU). I don't have a stdlib with this routine for Windows. The modules/libraries that I see as perequisites don't include stdlib. Where can I find the necessary modules?

thx
    Peter Simard
    Immersion Corporation (Canada)

• Bernhard Wymann

Bernhard Wymann - 2004-05-27

Hi Peter

As a quick fix you can define the drand symbol with a random number generator available in the windows libraries, e.g. (just a guess)

#define drand48() rand()

From the drand48 manual you need a random number generator ranging [0.0, 1.0).

bye, Bernhard.

• Eric Espie

Eric Espie - 2004-05-30

I thought I replaced all the drand48 by rand because
        the "man drand48" says:

"These  functions  are  declared  obsolete  by SVID 3, which states that
        rand(3) should be used instead."

Eric.

• Bernhard Wymann

Bernhard Wymann - 2004-05-30

The new deformation (damage) code for the cars contains it, if I remember correct.

• Eric Espie

Eric Espie - 2004-05-30

I changed the drand48 calls in the graphic and simuv3 parts.

Eric.

• Peter Simard

Peter Simard - 2004-05-31

thx guys,

will give the new code a try

Note: I saw in the "future" documents that atmospheric conditions were going to be added. Is this being worked on now?

thx
      Peter Simard

• Peter Simard

Peter Simard - 2004-06-01

ok, I've tried to compile the MS VC projec, and it definitely doesn't work. There is a module called tgfclient that is not being built?

Peter

• Eric Espie

Eric Espie - 2004-06-01

no, not at the moment. sometimes the todo list is much bigger than the time we can spend on the project...

Eric.

• Eric Espie

Eric Espie - 2004-06-01

I really don't understand how these forum works :-( the last post was about the "atmospheric" feature...

are you trying to compile from the CVS tree ? in this case I now that it is difficult, and I'll ask Christophe to have his lastest projects.

Eric.

• Peter Simard

Peter Simard - 2004-06-02

Sorry that was my fault.. I added the question about atmospheric conditions in the compile for windows chain.

Yes I'm compiling from the CVS tree. I assumed that this was the latest code.

Peter

• Eric Espie

Eric Espie - 2004-06-03

Christophe comfirmed that it was not easy to have the CVS version compiling on Windows.
      He will send me his modifications as soon as his internet connection returns to normal condition.
      I hope that next week I'll be able to update the CVS tree for Windows compilation.

Eric.

• Peter Simard

Peter Simard - 2004-06-07

Hi,

Ok, that's great. I have a version of the project that will compile in Debug mode (for Windows) now. Would someone like to have a look and see if it can be incorporated into the official product?

Peter