No internet in coLinux

Agoston
2005-04-03
2013-06-05
  • Agoston

Agoston - 2005-04-03

Hello, I've tried to search for this in this NG but couldn't really find anything for this. Since I'm quite new to Linux, it would be great if someone could point me in the right direction.
    I've got a WinXP, and on that a Topologilinux. I'm trying to use it through coLinux. I did everything in Windows with the Connection Sharing and all, and I can properly VNC in and everything works fine except one: in the Linux session I don't see the internet, even when in Windows I am connected to it. (With netconfig I set it to use dhcp and it gets an IP address, although it is not 192.168.0.40 but 192.168.0.185 so I have to manually VNC on that address because the "Topologilinux X" tries to VNC on 192.168.0.40:56. It's not a problem for me except if it plays a role in not seeing the Internet in Linux.)
    On WinXP I use a DSL connection with PPPoE to reach the Internet. Does anything be set up in relation with this in Topologilinux?

Thx in advance

• Agoston

Agoston - 2005-04-08

I've found the solution: for ipconfig /all I get the nameservers my PPPoE DSL connection is using. These have to be put into /etc/resolv.conf:

nameserver aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd

And then it is working, that's all.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks