I just discovered Todomoo, and find it very useful and quite well done.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Change directory of database to "%APPDATA%\Todomoo".
Because currently it is impossible to automatize a backup of the database; since under Windows Vista and later, modified files in "Program files" sub-directories are virtualized. These files are only accessible in the application which creates them, virtualized by Windows, and not accessible by archiving programs (even launched in administrator mode).
2. In a task creation dialog, the color of the task should by default inherit its parent's (a category or a task) color.
That way, in the All categories list, the categories will be clearly identified by their color, even by default.
3. Correction in the french translation:
string.colour_as = Comme
4. Add an option to always expand the trees in the lists, to avoid to to do it manually each time.
I tested Todomoo 0.8 under Windows 7 64-bit, in a normal user account (not an administrator account).
Thank you very much for your work.
Oh, another suggestion:
Create a graphical summary of work done in the week, as you can see here:
That's more work to do than the other suggestions, so it's only an idea. :)
+1 for curieuxfr suggestions but, if he agrees with this, I would ask for something a little different for suggestion n°1 :
- It could be great to choose directory database folder (either %APPDATA%\Todomoo or whatever …)
1) Yes, and as mediaklan suggests, I can place something in the Options dialog that let you choose where DB and settings has to be stored.
3) Thank you.
Currently I have very little time to continue Todomoo development, but these 4 are useful but still easy to implement features. So, I will add them to my todo list.
The other suggestion, unfortunately, is something I have not the time to do now, and probably I will not in the future.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.