Release directory with spaces in name bug?

Help
2007-11-12
2013-04-17
  • John Matthews

John Matthews - 2007-11-12

Hi- if I attempt to CVS/Release a directory whose name contains spaces, I get the error:

{directory name} is not a directory

Is this a bug? Apologies if I've missed something, I'm relatively new to linux/cvs/tkcvs.

John
    TkCVS 8.0.4

• DorothyR

DorothyR - 2007-11-12

It's a bug.  Filenames with spaces are foreign to unix, and they're a huge pain in the ***.  Problems tend to be found one-by-one, and here's a combination of an infrequently-used function (CVS Release) with an infrequent scenario (directory name with space.)  I'll fix the bug as soon as I can. 

• John Matthews

John Matthews - 2007-11-12

Great- thanks.
      John

• DorothyR

DorothyR - 2007-11-13

Fixed and checked into CVS.  I wish they were all that easy.

• John Matthews

John Matthews - 2007-11-13

Thanks again. But if I attempt to browse the code in CVS using the 'Browse CVS Repository' link http://tkcvs.cvs.sourceforge.net/tkcvs on the project Code page, I get the message shown below. This is both in Windows XP using the latest Firefox and Linux (CentOS) using Firefox 1.5:

An Exception Has Occurred

The root "tkcvs" is unknown. If you believe the value is correct, then please double-check your configuration.

HTTP Response Status

404 Repository not found

Python Traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/usr/local/viewvc-1.0.3.sf-new/lib/viewvc.py", line 3660, in main
          request.run_viewvc()
        File "/usr/local/viewvc-1.0.3.sf-new/lib/viewvc.py", line 285, in run_viewvc
          % self.rootname, "404 Repository not found")
      ViewVCException: 404 Repository not found: The root "tkcvs" is unknown. If you believe the value is correct, then please double-check your configuration.

• DorothyR

DorothyR - 2007-11-13

I don't know what SourceForge's problem is, but if you're in a hurry you can go to http://tksvn.tigris.org/svn/tksvn/trunk and get the latest out of SVN there.  I'm using that as my development repository these days.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks