Menu

Webservices

A. Leeman
2009-04-21
2013-04-24
  • A. Leeman

A. Leeman - 2009-04-21

Hi all,

I'm looking for ways to connect to TinyTM other then ODBC.
    The roadmap for TinyTM mentions support for webservices (RPC/SOAP).
    Are webservices by any chance implemented yet or is anybody working on this?

Thanks in advance,

Arne.

• Martin Wunderlich

Hi Arne,

Yes, there is. A while ago, I created the necessary components, both server and client side, to connect to TinyTM via webservices. I had sent the code to Frank, but I don't think it's available in CSV, yet. Let me dig it out and I will make it available for download from my website.

Kind regards,

Martin    

• A. Leeman

A. Leeman - 2009-04-21

That would be very nice!

Thank you for your effort.

Arne.

• Martin Wunderlich

Hi Arne,

Sorry about the delay. I got swamped during the last couple of weeks. You can download the components for the webservice wrapper for TinyTM here:
          http://www.martinwunderlich.com/download/software/OmegaT_TinyTM.zip 

This has been created to enable OmegaT to be used as a client for TinyTM, but the server code is generic. I hope the instructions that are included are clear enough. It not, give me a shout, and I will try to recall how the thing was pieced together (it was last year in August that I wrote this code :).

Cheers,

Martin

• LongStone

LongStone - 2010-06-15

we've used a simple php/ajax interface for a lot of management of the back end.  hooking into the API is trivial from there

• Frank Bergmann

Frank Bergmann - 2010-06-15

Hi Jason,

Maybe you could publish your PHP/AJAX stuff as a separate package for TinyTM?
    A "limited" code quality may not be an issue, if you declare the code as an example…

Cheers!
    Frank