I am on WinXP with the latest Tinn-R (220.127.116.11) and R (2.9.2). When I include a setWindowTitle() in my Rprofile.site or issue it from the RGui console, Tinn-R's connection to the console breaks. I though this was an old issue that had been resolved, but I am up-to-date on everything and it still happens. Any ideas?
Had the same problem some time ago, now I'm working with R 2.9.1, and my Rprofile.site has the window title option but below the library(utils) and only below the options for html help, it reads:
necessary = c('TinnR', 'svSocket')
installed = necessary %in% installed.packages()[, 'Package']
if (length(necessary[!installed]) >=1)
.trPaths <- paste(paste(Sys.getenv('APPDATA'), '\Tinn-R\tmp\', sep=''),
c('', 'search.txt', 'objects.txt', 'file.r', 'selection.r', 'block.r', 'lines.r'), sep='')
The only problem I still have is that Rgui is not able to update the folder when I change folder manually within R (segwd()).
Anyway what I did was to follow the instructions to configure permanently Rgui in Tinn-R on menu r>configure<permanent, and add later the window profile.
Hope it helps
It was really resolved, but, the soluction is dependent of the user option.
Tinn-R will recognizes also Rgui if the user use the option 'setWindowTitle()', but it is necessary to change the default configuration.
To change it, in the main menu of Tinn-R go to: Options/Application/R/Rgui/Recognition and mark Type (caption search) to Partial.
This option has an incovenient: Tinn-R will recognizes as an instance of R any Window with the word 'Console' in the caption.
I can't think of any other programs I run that have "console" in
their program captions, so this should work for me. Thanks JC.
One question I do have is the most parsimonious way to set this option (really
an R question I guess). I'm not entirely sure where I got this snippet, but I
setWindowTitle(paste('-', getwd()), title=paste(getIdentification(),
but fvgls used simply
The only difference I see is this dash between console and path.
I got the snippet from some old script posted by Venables long time ago and
have kept it from Rprofile to Rprofile, it gave some problems for a while but
then it started working properly again after placing it downwards in the file.
Nevertheless it does not update when I change the folder in a script, and as
said in some other post, I'm having many problems with saving the workarea
using Tinn-R and Rterm.... but haven't had much time to fiddle around with
I'm having many problems with saving the workarea using Tinn-R and Rterm....
but haven't had much time to fiddle around with this
Very strange, it is too simple!
Let me know what is happening...
I posted a message sometime ago, don't know exactly what happens, you told me
to look in the working folder and locate this using getwd(), but that is what
I think it may be related with changing folders in the middle of the script,
but not sure, what I do is simply go to R>Rterm>Workspace>save
through the menus, but if I don't do this and just select to save the work
area when I close Tinn -R and Rterm, I can't find any work area in any of the
folders I've been working, nor the root one neither the last one I'm in at the
end. I only find an .RDataTmp file that sometimes is large, but can't open
By the way, best and thanks in advance...... problems of being in a haste to
end some errand and having to leave for a while
In case this is helpful for others...
When I upgraded my OS to Win 7 (late to the game, I know) and was setting up Tinn-R (18.104.22.168) and R (2.15.2), this setWindowTitle issue popped up again. In the past (Win XP, Tinn-R 22.214.171.124, R 2.14.0) I had used the syntax I have above (without utils::...) and Tinn-R settings for R -> Rgui -> Recognition of 'Both' with partial caption search. That did not work in my new setup. The only settings in Tinn-R that worked for me are setting partial caption search with 'All', the last option. No idea why, but this works. I am using my syntax for setting the window title, but all it does over the utils:: syntax is add a dash before the path. Both work for me.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.