I am having a classical "source(.trPaths .." problem with a twist. I can send
on line of code to R (64-bit R version 2.13.0, Windows 7) but I can not send a
selection with more than one line.
I am familiar with the "source(.trPaths .." conflict, and I have successfully
installed and configured Tinn-R in different computers, versions and colors.
My Rprofile.site is down here, but as you can see is the usual one. The paths
are correct. Initially I could not send any code, so I followed the forum
topic/3741784) and manage to send one line, but no more.
Any idea about how to solve it?
R version 2.13.0 (2011-04-13)
Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
OS: Windows 7.
options(repos='http://software.rc.fas.harvard.edu/mirrors/R/') # USA
/)') # UK
r/CRAN/)') # Brazil
necessary <- c('TinnR', 'svSocket')
installed <- necessary %in% installed.packages()
if (length(necessary) >=1)
.trPaths <- paste(paste(Sys.getenv('APPDATA'), '\Tinn-R\tmp\', sep=''),
c('', 'search.txt', 'objects.txt', 'file.r', 'selection.r', 'block.r',
I researched a bit. Everyone seems saying that the problem is because Windows
sets the temporary folder as read-only.
Here's my solution:
1. Check the location of the temporary folder in R using Sys.getenv('APPDATA')
2. Look for the Tinn-R\tmp\ folder in the place of (1)
3. Change the read-only properties for the folder
I have got a solution worked for me. Make the follow steps in Administration
mode: R -> Configurate -> Permanaent.
Than delete the # mark from the UK and Brasil repository. Like this:
## Tinn-R: necessary packages and functions
## Tinn-R: >= 18.104.22.168 with TinnR package >= 1.0.3
## Set the URL of the preferred repository, below some examples:
options(repos='[url]http://software.rc.fas.harvard.edu/mirrors/R/[/url]') # USA
options(repos='[url]http://cran.ma.imperial.ac.uk/[/url]') # UK
options(repos='[url]http://brieger.esalq.usp.br/CRAN/[/url]') # Brazil
Run with hand all of the line (not just the the passage quoted above) and it
should be fine.
For me it worked. I read a lot of forum about this problem non of them worked
for me. Tried re-installation, older version, etc. So I thought maybe the
other repositories will be OK, and they were.
Good luck with that.
I don't think you have write access to:
My user name is rm1. I added the following line to the start of Rprofile.Site:
Sys.setenv(APPDATA = "C:/Documents and Settings/rm1/Application Data")
This is somewhere I can write to, so Tinn-R can do it's thing and write
'selection.r" for R to interpret.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.