Comments been incorrectly recorded

Help
2009-04-06
2013-05-28
  • Jeremy Jones

Jeremy Jones - 2009-04-06

Hi I have a query about how comments get recorded.

I use the following process for my time recording.

Start task -> While task is recording enter comments -> pause task -> start a new task -> while task is recording enter comments -> etc...

The issue is some of my comments are getting saved against the wrong entry/time slot.

Should I be inserting the comments at a different stage? Should I clear the comments box before starting a new task? Should I be forcing a save of the comments somehow?

How does the saving of comments work and at what point should I enter a comment to ensure correct recording of data??

Otherwise the application is fantastic. I really love it. Keep up the great work.

• Martin

Martin - 2009-06-01

I have the same problem. I think it is a bug, or maybe a gremlin. (Is this a Mac thing, or applicable to both platforms?)

Martin

• Jeremy Jones

Jeremy Jones - 2009-06-04

Also if it's any help to anyone I have noticed the following.

I have been checking my records after each recoding trying to figure out what I do to make it incorrectly record the comment but I can't tell.

However I have noticed the following.

It will place the comment against the correct entry and against the entry before it.

When it does this double recording of comments, if the current comment is blank it will wipe the comment before it.

However if the current comment contains a couple of sentences, ie: sentence one. sentence two.
        It will only copy the first sentence. There doesn't seem to be a limit on the number of characters in the sentence but it will stop the duplication at the first full stop.

Hopefully this may help you find the bug in the code.

Thanks and please keep us posted.

• Dawnline

Dawnline - 2010-01-12

Lets push this very important issue again.
    I have been using time edition since 2006 and I am quite happy with it. But I experienced the described problem as well from the very beginning (@mb0h: platform is Windows 2000/XP). And it's quite annoying, not to say a severe restriction of usage.
    In order to prevent incorrect records you are obliged to make notices in another application (e.g. notepad) or even on a sheet of paper while working on a project. After finishing you have to copy them to time edition via the "Extras > Edit Recordings"-dialogue. (In case of long sessions it's often hard to reconstruct the details of the job afterwards – and it takes a lot of time). This is absurd and completely unproductive, but you cannot rely on the notice-function. Especially when notices are the basis of accounting with customers.
    Please, put this problem on your agenda. Thank you!

• Alex

Alex - 2010-02-26

Got exactly the same problem on my macs (leopard and snow leopard).
    TimeEdition is really great, but this comment-fact is a bit annoying.

• Alex

Alex - 2010-03-19

A workaround seems to be, to alway close the comment-window at the end of a recording and open it again at the beginning of a new recording.

• ADF

ADF - 2010-05-28

I just began using Time Tracker and think it's a great program EXCEPT for the problem described above.  I am having it as well and it is SEVERELY limiting.  I cannot risk not being able to accurately record what the task was for each specific snippet of time I record.  This problem will make me give up on being able to use the program very shortly.  Why has the problem been being discussed in this trail since April 2009 yet there is no reply with a fix/workaround/explanation, etc.  PLEASE can this be addressed!

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks