Cannot connect to database error

Help
Rey
2007-07-18
2013-04-24
  • Rey

Rey - 2007-07-18

Howdy all.
    In the process of transferring a domain name at work, so attempted to copy the timeclock files and database to a subdirectory on a GoDaddy hosted site as a test of having site up and running...

I can access the mySQL database and display employee displaynames via an asp page. However, I get the following err when I attempt to access the index.php/timeclock.php page.
    Error: Could not connect to the database. Please try again later.

I changed the config.inc.php to reflect the hosted database server and the database name and user name. I also added the IP address of the computer I was accessing site from. I then changed setting from restricting access by IP to allow all access and still no success.

Additionally, as I was unable to just copy the files to the hosted server, I had to run the create database script and insert the data for each table based on export scripts created using HeidiSQL. Verified that each table on the hosted site contained the same data/#records as that being displayed by HeidiSQL from the localhost setup.

Would appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed/look.

Thanks,
    Rey

• Rey

Rey - 2007-08-13

Howdy all.

Would appreciate a another set of eyes on an issue I'm having with the phpTimeClock app.

Previously, the application had been running on an external web site (presume an Apache web server). Due to extraneous issues when the company was purchased, the site went down but before the proverbial plug was pulled, all files related to the app were save and copied to my local machine as an interim alternative until another external site can be setup..

I'm attempting to run it on my local machine using IIS 5.1 (xp pro sp2 box). mySQL 5.0.27 is running on the box as well as PHP 5.2.1. The app is in a separate directory (timeclock) which is a virtual directory. I can display the PHP configuration page within the Timeclock directory by calling a simple page - learning PHP in spare time at work...

Below are some of the entries in the most recent log file that show that the idex.php and timeclock.php pages are being found. However, nothing is being displayed on the page and no err is displayed.

So am wondering what am I missing? Could anyone venture some troubleshooting that might indicate what direction to take? I downloaded the same files to my laptop and there I can access the database via an asp page but when I attempt to call the index.php page I get a message similar to try again later or unable to access database but will have to check as its been some weeks since I last tried the laptop.

Thanks,
      Rey

Latest entries in the log files (C:\WINDOWS\system32\Logfiles\W3SVC1)
      19:56:21 127.0.0.1 GET /timeclock/timeclock.php 200
      20:01:45 127.0.0.1 GET /timeclock/timeclock.php 200
      20:01:47 127.0.0.1 GET /timeclock/timeclock.php 200
      20:01:55 127.0.0.1 GET /timeclock/index.php 302
      20:01:55 127.0.0.1 GET /timeclock/timeclock.php 200
      20:02:01 127.0.0.1 GET /timeclock/timeclock.php 200
      20:02:11 127.0.0.1 GET /timeclock/index.php 302
      20:02:11 127.0.0.1 GET /timeclock/timeclock.php 200
      20:02:29 127.0.0.1 GET /timeclock/index.php 302
      20:02:29 127.0.0.1 GET /timeclock/timeclock.php 200

• Jacob Allred

Jacob Allred - 2007-11-15

Are you still having the MySQL issues? I'd be happy to try to help you if you are.