Feature request: search within categories

2010-11-01
2012-12-10
  • Jose Juan Gonzalez

Good night everyone:

First of all, I would like to congratulate the great program you have made. When I found it, it was just what I was looking for to work in my thesis dissertation: it is saving me a lot of time classifying my citations,…

But I do have a wish: when categorizing a citation, and if you have a lot of categorization done, you have to review one by one each branch of the tree of categories that you have made: wouldn't it be possible, for next versions, to have some way to search in that tree, avoiding thus to repeat categories, or just finding the category you need in a faster way?

Thank you in advance for your attention and your work:

José Juan

• Erik Norvelle

Erik Norvelle - 2010-11-23

Dear José Juan,

The feature you are asking for is a very good idea, and in fact I have scheduled it to be added to TextCite version 2.0.  Unfortunately, development is currently halted until I finished my Ph.D. thesis, but come summer of 2011 I should be able to get back to work on the program and get version 2.0 out the door.

Salu2,
    Erik

• Jose Juan Gonzalez

Sorry for the delay, but I didn't see your answer until now. I congratulate you for the great work you have done so far, and hope to see version 2.0 of the program. Good luck with your Ph.D. Thesis - I am also working on mine.