Menu

change focus from viewer to editor with a windowed viewer

TXS - Help
Fictional
2013-05-24
2017-01-20
  • Fictional

Fictional - 2013-05-24

I am trying to toggle the focus from the viewer to editor with a keyboard shortcut.
    Perhaps I overlooked the option, but I did not yet succeed in doing this with the viewer windowed.
    From editor to viewer is easy, I simply use F7 (view).

Anny suggestions?
    edit
    I did find the " ctrl+' " option: (go to source), however this 'scrolls' the source tot the text currently viewed in the viewer. However I just want to go to the source and continue where I left off before having a look at the viewer.
    edit2
    Using escape to close the windows is a reasonable option. However, because of this, after pressing F7 again, I start 'viewing' at the start of the page. I'd rather just toggle between windows. Sure, alt-tab is an option, but gets more annoying with more unrelated windows open.

Last edit: Fictional 2013-05-29
  • Tim Hoffmann

Tim Hoffmann - 2013-06-16

Switching focus between editor and viewer can be accomplished by View -> Focus Editor / Focus Viewer. Accidentially this currently only works for the embedded viewer, we may support the windowed viewer here in future versions of TXS.

Currently, you'll have to use the window switching capabilities of your OS (e.g. Alt+Tab or the like) for the windowed viewer.

• Tim Hoffmann

Tim Hoffmann - 2013-10-19

Added Window -> Focus Editor (Ctrl+Alt+Left) to the windowed PDF viewer. So from the next relase on, swichting focus works consistenly with Ctrl+Alt+Left/Right no matter if you use the embedded or windowed viewer.

• Kendon Bell

Kendon Bell - 2017-01-20

Ctrl +alt + Left/Right is a Windows command to switch the orientation of the display. Can I suggest adding Shift for the Windows version?

• Jan  Sundermeyer

Jan Sundermeyer - 2017-01-20

from what I gather, that shortcut is a nvidia driver shortcut.
    We will not change the general shortcut because of that.
    Furthermore the shortcut can be customized by the user.