Update Translations

TXS - Help
2013-05-13
2013-05-14
  • Jan  Sundermeyer

Jan Sundermeyer - 2013-05-13

Please update translations for txs, so that we can prepare a new release.

Thanks,
    Jan

• Denis Bitouzé

Denis Bitouzé - 2013-05-13

Done but argh! My LaTeX course for PhD students starts the day after tomorrow! :)

Some details: some of the following sentences end without period.

1. "The current document contains no words, but we need some phrases as a base to create the random text from"

2. "The random text generator constructs new texts from existing words, so you have to open some text files"

3. "If "show all" is selected, all phrases are shown.
      If "minimum phrase length" is selected, a phrase is only shown if it has at least so many characters. (e.g. "a test" has 6 characters)
      If "minimum word length (one)" is selected, a phrase is only shown if a word of it has at least so many characters. (e.g. "a test" has 4 characters)
      If "minimum word length (all)" is selected, a phrase is only shown if all words of it has at least so many characters. (e.g. "a test" has 1 character)
      If "completely ignore" is selected, shorter words are completely ignore.
      (e.g. with length 3, the sentence "this is a test" is equally to "this test", while the other options would separate it in "this is", "is a", "a test", even if non of this phrases would be shown)"

4. "Possible Options:
      "Show all": All phrases are shown.
      "Minimum phrase length": A phrase is only shown, if it has at least this many characters. (e.g. "a test" has 6 characters)
      "Minimum word length (one)": A phrase is only shown, if it contains a word with at least this many characters. (e.g. "a test" has 4 characters)
      "Minimum word length (all)": A phrase is only shown, if all of its words have at least this many characters. (e.g. "a test" has 1 character)
      "Completely ignore": Shorter words are completely ignored.
      (e.g. with length 3, the sentence "this is a test" is equally to "this test", while the other options would separate it in "this is", "is a", "a test", even if non of this phrases would be shown.)"

• Tim Hoffmann

Tim Hoffmann - 2013-05-13

Thanks, Denis.

The examples all refer to the text analysis dialog (IMO not too important anyway).
      Since they are all quite lengthy, I'd prefer not to change them just for punctuation to save the work for the translators.

• Denis Bitouzé

Well, just few periods are not that long ;)

• Denis Bitouzé

Same for the new string to translate:

"For editing, double-click on the entries in 'Current Shortcut' or 'Additional Shortcut'.
    Then you can select a new shortcut by one of the following ways:
    (1) select from the dropdown list
    (2) hit the shortcut combination
    (3) type the string of the shortcut"

• Tim Hoffmann

Tim Hoffmann - 2013-05-13

You mean at the end of the enumeration items? I'm not sure about this, but I had the feeling it looks less cluttered that way.

• Denis Bitouzé

Well, I should probably be influenced by French typography where each item of a (itemized) list ends with:

• semi-colons (except last one ending with a period) if the items are within the same sentence
    • period if each of the items is a whole sentence.

• Denis Bitouzé

Denis Bitouzé - 2013-05-14

BTW, for the next release, maybe the "Platform" "XP/Vista/7" could be extended to "XP/Vista/7/8". At least TXS 2.5.2 used to work on Windows 8 on the computer of one of my students.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks