Menu

vista 64 compiled, run error

TXS - Help
lalop
2009-09-05
2012-10-17
  • lalop

lalop - 2009-09-05

I'm using MinGW with mingw32-make instead of make, and QT 4.5.2. It seems to work, but at the end when I try to open texmakerx.exe, I get the following error:

texmakerx.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point _Z20qt_qFindChild_helperPK7QObjectRK7QStringRK11QMetaObject could not be located in the dynamic link library QtCore4.dll.

• Benito van der Zander

I guess you have compiled it with an different qt version than you run it.
      E.g. something like this has happened for me, if I compiled it with the debug version, but linked it to the release dlls. (or vice verse)
      Or you have the dlls from an older version lying somewhere around.

• lalop

lalop - 2009-09-05

My bad, I just had to put the five Qt dlls in the same folder as the compiled texmakerx.exe.

• lalop

lalop - 2009-09-05

As someone who has been playing with the old version for the past week, I strongly recommend releasing new binaries, even if it is just a "beta" version. The increase in quality is HUGE. Not only that, but the bugs I found from normal usage of the program, are simply gone. It's very easy to forget how much the quality has increased over the past three months when one just works with the latest version.

• Benito van der Zander

You're right and I plan to make a new release within the next few weeks.
            However, there are some bugs, and keep finding new ones while fixing the old ones...