SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Trouble pasting into TXS

TXS - Help
2014-01-26
2015-04-09
  • Bruce Sherwood

Bruce Sherwood - 2014-01-26

A colleague and I, both working on Windows 7 but on different machines, when we copy text from other applications (web page, Word, Notepad+, etc.) cannot paste into TXS. There's no error message, it's just that nothing happens. We're quite sure that this used to work but without making changes or updating it just stopped. I've not found anything about this through searching the web. Any ideas?

• Tim Hoffmann

Tim Hoffmann - 2014-01-27

Not reproducible here. Please give some further details:

• Can you paste into other applications?
    • Can you copy from TXS to TXS?
    • Which version of TXS are you using?

• Bruce Sherwood

Bruce Sherwood - 2014-01-28

I can paste into all other applications.

If I have two files open in TXS I can copy from one file to the other.

It's 2.6.6 on 64-bit Windows 7.

• Tim Hoffmann

Tim Hoffmann - 2014-01-28

That's strange. I have no real idea what the cause could be.

The only thing you could try is to use the USB-Version. It doesn't need an installation, so you can test the same executable on different PCs. That way you could find out, if it's really an issue in something in TXS itself or also with your system.

Last edit: Tim Hoffmann 2014-01-28
  • Bruce Sherwood

Bruce Sherwood - 2014-01-31

I agree that it's very strange indeed. Remember that it's not just me -- my colleague on another 64-bit Windows 7 machine has the same problem, and both of us used to be able to paste. Given our immediate needs, I don't think I can try any more tests and will just live with the problem, reading files into TexStudio when possible. Thanks for trying to reproduce the problem. I had hoped to find that others had seen the problem and knew how to fix it.....

• David Bernard

David Bernard - 2015-04-09

I am experiencing this same issue. I'm using version 2.9.4 on windows 8.1. Copy and paste within texstudio works, but not when trying to copy something from outside the program. I can drag text in, but not paste it.

I realize this is an old thread, but any ideas?

• Tim Hoffmann

Tim Hoffmann - 2015-04-09
    • Does it depend on the external program from which you copy?
    • Can you please provide an example what the complete content of the clipboard is? Note: It's not sufficient to state what you have copied, because the clipboard usually contains multiple representations of the data in different formats. You need a dedicated program to view all these, for example http://freeclipboardviewer.com/ would do, but there are also other tools. The one mentioned above has the advantage that you can save the contents to a file. So you can upload it here and I can put exactly your content in my clipboard for testing.