Disable hover tooltip help?

TXS - Help
notargets
2013-04-21
2013-11-06
  • notargets

notargets - 2013-04-21

I'm wondering if it's possible to turn off the tooltip help that appears when I hover the mouse over certain commands in the source (that explain how to use them). I can turn this kind of tooltip off for autocompletion in the settings, but not for mouse hover.

• Tim Hoffmann

Tim Hoffmann - 2013-04-24

In the options dialog, have "Show Advanced Options" enabled, then disable:

Advanced Editor -> Special Options -> Show help as tooltip on text in editor

• notargets

notargets - 2013-11-02

Sorry for the late reply!

Thank you, that did the trick. I didn't find it because for me the language of the UI is set to Hungarian and the translation for the label of this checkbox means something totally different. In English, it would literally mean, 'show preview as tooltip if the panel is hidden'.

• Tim Hoffmann

Tim Hoffmann - 2013-11-04

Could you give the correct Hungarian phrase so I can update the translation? Also, if there are more odd translations, you would be welcome to help and improve these. Let us know in case you are interested.

• notargets

notargets - 2013-11-06

The best translation for "Show help as tooltip on text in editor" I can come up with right now is "Szöveg súgójának mutatása a szerkesztőben".

By the way, are there any other kinds of tooltips that are toggled by this option? If not, then I find "text" too general and the translation should be different, too.

Another mistranslation I found is the label "Total shown phrases", "Different phrases", and "Characters in phrases" at Tools --> Analyse Text. It should be "Összes látható kifejezés", "Különböző kifejezések" and "Karakterek kifejezésekben" respectively.

However, these number actually refer to words, rather than phrases, don't they? If that's the case, I would replace "phrases" with "words" in the English translation and I would translate these items as "Összes látható szó", "Különböző szavak" and "Karakterek szavakban".

When I last checked the link to contribution to translation on your website, I didn't have time to set everything up for the translation. Now, when I try to open that page again, it says, "Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties. Try waiting a few minutes and reloading." So, if I find anything wrong again I may take a look at it again later when I have the time.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks