Menu

Local .sty package not found.

2014-08-31
2014-09-03
  • Rungpana Panyachot

Hello,

Let me first say that I'm fairly new to LaTeX.

The problem I have is when I have say note.tex and mystyle.sty containing various shorthand symbols. Both files are in the same directory and everything compile successfully. However, on the line in note.tex that say \usepackage{mystyle}, the editor mark mystyle as "Package not found" which also make auto-completion failed to detect any command in mystyle.sty. Is there a way to fix this? If I change it to \input{mystyle.sty} things seem to be working, but I have to collaberate with others and it isn't always appropriated for me to change that.

Thanks

• Thiago

Thiago - 2014-09-01

I saved my personal package in
      /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/local and then when I load it
      with \usepackage{} the autocomplete woks fine.

2014-08-31 0:11 GMT-03:00, Rungpana Panyachot hypernova@users.sf.net:

Hello,

Let me first say that I'm fairly new to LaTeX.

The problem I have is when I have say note.tex and mystyle.sty containing
      various shorthand symbols. Both files are in the same directory and
      everything compile successfully. However, on the line in note.tex that say
      \usepackage{mystyle}, the editor mark mystyle as "Package not found" which
      also make auto-completion failed to detect any command in mystyle.sty. Is
      there a way to fix this? If I change it to \input{mystyle.sty} things seem
      to be working, but I have to collaberate with others and it isn't always
      appropriated for me to change that.

Thanks

Local .sty package not
      found.

Sent from sourceforge.net because you indicated interest in
      https://sourceforge.net/p/texstudio/discussion/907839/

To unsubscribe from further messages, please visit
      https://sourceforge.net/auth/subscriptions/

--
      Thiago de Melo

• Rungpana Panyachot

Hi. I guess maybe I wasn't clear. If I put the .sty in a place where the packages are supposed to be then that's fine. The problem is when I just put in the the same directory as the main .tex itself, which can be in any random directory. I'm on Windows, so lets say for example they both are in D:\Documents\Note. That's what I mean when I say local. Could you try this?

• Jan  Sundermeyer

Jan Sundermeyer - 2014-09-03

the simple answer is that txs does not scan sty-files when they are placed in the working directory.
    txs assumes that sty-files are part of the installation and hence are place in one of the texmf-directories, hence the answer by Thiago

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel