Fail, inline grammar checking, LanguageTool, TexStudio, OS X El Capitian 10.15.5

2016-06-07
2016-12-09
  • Sharon  O'Donnell

Hi,

I have been using TexStudio for a number of years and recently learned about LanguageTool. I read through the TexStudio and LanguageTool forums and checked out recommended videos to learn how to install the application.

I have a MacBook (2016) running 10.15.5 OS X El Capitian. Have Java on the machine. Installed LanguageTool (version 3.3). Launched LanguageTool.jar and specified language (American English). Started TexStudio (version 2.11). In Preferences, I clicked on Advanced Options. From Preferences, I selected Editor, Inline Checking. I also selected Language Checking, and put in Server URL: (http://localhost:8081), checked "Start Language Tool if not running" and included the Java and LT information. I restarted TexStudio, the LT logo is present on the bottom bar, running the cursor over it tells me that Language Tool is running. I typed in "i am a example." in the editor. No highlighted words.

Just to convince myself that I can get LanguageTool to work. I installed the LT extension on FireFox. It works fine.

I am guessing that I forgot to set a switch.

Any help will be very useful.

Thanks.

• Jan  Sundermeyer

Jan Sundermeyer - 2016-06-07

is options/editor/online checking and grammar checking enabled ?

• Flo F

Flo F - 2016-12-08

Hi,

i have the same problem. LT is working in the standalone tool, also running the cursor over the symbol in Texstudio it tells me that LT is running (and the task manager confirms that).

My Setup:
    Xubuntu 16.04 with Texstudio 2.11.2 and LanguageTool 3.5.

Inline checking is enabled under Options/Editor/.

Any help would be appreciated!

Last edit: Flo F 2016-12-08
  • Flo F

Flo F - 2016-12-09

Anyone?

• Jan  Sundermeyer

Jan Sundermeyer - 2016-12-09

works fine here.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks