#605 editor font change does not work

closed
nobody
None
5
2012-10-17
2012-09-21
texuser
No

Hi,

In the beginning I changed the editor font to Consolas. After a while I wanted to change the color for grammar checking which worked fine, but automaticly the font of the editor switched back to default in the window while the selection in the options dialog remained Consolas. When I change the font once again, only the line numbers on the left side change, but not the editor font! Restarting texstudio or windows did not helped.

ps: I'am runing TXS 2.4 on Win 7 64.

Discussion

  • texuser

    texuser - 2012-09-21

    screenshot

     
  • Tim Hoffmann

    Tim Hoffmann - 2012-09-21

    I'm not able to reproduce this (though I don't have Consolas and thus tried another font).
    - which grammar format did you change exactly?
    - which color did you modify: text or background or line?

     
  • Anonymous - 2012-09-22

    I use also TXS 2.4 and Win7 64.

    If I change font family of the editor, it happens nothing, only family of line numbers changes.

    On the other hand, font size changing works.

     
  • Tim Hoffmann

    Tim Hoffmann - 2012-09-23

    Can't reproduce this either? Does it happen with every font? Does it happen when starting off with default settings and/or no open documents?

     
  • texuser

    texuser - 2012-09-23
    1. the exact option was Options/Syntax highlighting/Language/grammarMistake
    2. changed line color from default to some sort of blue.
    3. when changing to another font, the some problem occurs.
    4. some weeks ago I had the same problem when activating the natbib.cwl for code completion. After a reinstallation everything worked fine until I changed the line color.
    5. I don't remeber exactly, but I think I always had an open document.
     
  • Tim Hoffmann

    Tim Hoffmann - 2012-09-23

    I still can't reproduce this behaviour. Could you please give a step-by-step description, how to reproduce it (at best starting from default settings - i.e. temporarily rename %APPDATA%\TeXstudio\texstudio.ini).

     
  • texuser

    texuser - 2012-09-24

    ok, I found out that the current tex file I'am working on needs to be open to reproduce the error, with the texstudio article template it's not working.

    Therefore, I uploaded a test file including all packages of my original document.

    I also noted, that after the error the .ini file grew from 33KB to 56KB

     
  • texuser

    texuser - 2012-09-24

    tex file to reproduce the error

     
  • Tim Hoffmann

    Tim Hoffmann - 2012-09-27

    Still it works here with the file you provided. Could you please also upload your ini, so I can check with your settings.

     
  • texuser

    texuser - 2012-09-28
     
  • texuser

    texuser - 2012-09-28

    uploaded the ini files before and after the error.

     
  • Jan  Sundermeyer

    Jan Sundermeyer - 2012-10-03

    fixed in rev. 3338

     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.





No, thanks