#1371 Forward and inverse search using SumatraPDF no longer works

2.01_Stable
closed
nobody
5
2014-10-23
2013-09-17
Anonymous
No

Hi,

The forward and inverse search using SumatraPDF no longer works. After compiling, the document is correctly generated, but I get the error: "[ForwardSearch("%bm.pdf","%Wc",%l,0,0,1)] Cannot execute the command.", and forward (F5) and inverse search (double click) does not respond.

The two profiles I tried are the following (each time added -synctex=-1 in the command line arguments to pass to the compiler) (the first one has worked before, don't know why that's no longer the case):

Profile 1 (Viewer tab):

  1. Path of executable
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe" -inverse-search "\"C:\Program Files\TeXnicCenter\TeXnicCenter.exe\" /ddecmd \"[goto('%f','%l')]\""

  2. View project's output
    DDE command
    command: "%bm.pdf"
    server: SUMATRA
    topic: control

  3. Forward Search
    DDE command
    [ForwardSearch("%bm.pdf","%Wc",%l,0,0,1)]
    server: SUMATRA
    topic: control

  4. Close document before running (La)TeX
    Do not close

Profile 2 (Viewer tab):

  1. Path of executable
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe" -reuse-instance

  2. View project's output
    Command line argument
    command: "%bm.pdf"

  3. Forward Search
    DDE command
    [ForwardSearch("%bm.pdf","%Wc",%l,0,0,1)]
    server: SUMATRA
    topic: control

  4. Close document before running (La)TeX
    Do not close

The paths to the executables are correctly specified. I'm using the latest version of TeXnicCenter (2.01 stable) and SumatraPDF (v2.3.2) and reinstalling did not solve the issue [Miktex 2.8, Windows 7].

Thanks in advance.

2 Attachments

Discussion

  • Tino Weinkauf

    Tino Weinkauf - 2013-09-17
    • status: open --> pending
     
  • Tino Weinkauf

    Tino Weinkauf - 2013-09-17

    Hey,

    it works perfectly for me. I have the latest Sumatra and (obviously) the latest TXC. My profile is exactly the one that has been generated from the output wizard of TXC.

    Let me know if you can fix your issue. I hope you can fix it, and I hope it is not TXC's fault.

    Tino.

     
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

    You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

    Anonymous - 2013-09-18

    Hey Tino,

    Thanks for you reply. The first profile is exactly the one generated by the output wizard of TXC and is yielding this issue. It has worked on version 2.0 and overnight it stopped working. No clue what changed, redownloaded Sumatra and updated to 2.01 (which had just become available) but error persisted. Anything else you can think of that might have caused this? Only thing what changed - that I can think of - was a Windows 7 update and the installation of Eclipse and Java SE Runtime Environment.

     
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

    You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

    Anonymous - 2013-09-26

    I've found the cause of this issue: it's due to the use of spaces in the document name (.tex). Problem solved.

     
  • Tino Weinkauf

    Tino Weinkauf - 2013-09-28
    • status: pending --> closed
     
  • Tino Weinkauf

    Tino Weinkauf - 2013-09-28

    ok, so I close this one. Thank you!

     
    • Comment has been marked as spam. 
      Undo

      You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

      Anonymous - 2014-10-06

      I have exactly the same problem now with TeXnicCenter 2.0.2 and SumatraPDF 2.5.2. there is no space in the path name of the tex file anywhere. There were dash ('-') characters in it. I replaced them with underlines and now everything is fine.

      But please reopen this topics because this is still a bug in either TeXnicCenter or SumatraPDF because spaces, dashes or any non-english (e.g. accented) characters in a file name are perfectly acceptable in all versions of all (major) operation systems.

      Until the problem is solved put a warning into the documentation of this bug, please!

       
  • Comment has been marked as spam. 
    Undo

    You can see all pending comments posted by this user  here

    Anonymous - 2014-10-06

    I've had the same problem, but without any weird characters... In my case, I was able to resolve the problem by renaming the .tex file to a smaller name, which completely solved the problem.

     


Anonymous

Cancel  Add attachments





Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks