I have been using TeXnic Center 2 Alpha 3 for a few weeks now, very pleased overall, many thanks to the community.
I've been experiencing one small bug. Occasionally when TXC tries to save the currently active file, I get a small popup error window with the following message:
"Cannot save the file
Cannot create a file that already exists."
where %path% are %file% are the path and filename of the file currently being edited.
Again, this happens only during some file saves, not all, and since a file save occurs whenever I build, and also whenever autosave dictates, I will occasionally get this message at the beginning of a build, in which case the build fails, and also it will occasionally pop up out of nowhere because Autosave has tried to save and failed.
The details of the what happens are as follows:
- A save is attemped by build or autosave
- Above-mentioned error window pops up
- I press ok
- If I look in my working directory now, the file is missing, meaning the only copy is the one open in the TXC GUI (Scary!!)
- If I try to build again, I get a second error saying "File %path%%name% could not be found"
- I can then manually save the file via Ctrl+S and build will then succeed.
I haven't been able to figure out if there is a correlation with other programs being open when this happens, and it is sporadic and not unique to any particular project, so it is not feasible to provide a MWE to reproduce it.
I am using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, and MikTex 2.8.
The same error was reported below but was not resolved, though somebody said this error does not exist in TXC so I've attached a screenshot of the error.
Same error: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3134900&group_id=36323&atid=479426