I keep seeing this error message when trying to open my latex files in eclipse:
Plug-in net.sourceforge.texlipse was unable to load class net.sourceforge.texlipse.editor.TexEditor.
I don't know what to do. Is anyone else experiencing the same problems?
I was experiencing this problem, too, but only after closing eclipse with my project and tex files open. After restart, no tex files could be displayed.
I hope I can still help you after such a long time.
After searching the web and browsing through the very long exception cascade (reading something about 'deriving file extension') I figured out:
You need to specify a valid filename as user dictionary for the eclipse spellchecker under
General | Editors | Text Editors | Spelling,
even though you might have specified dictionaries under
Texlipse | Spell Checker.
To fully resolve my problems I also reset the spellchecker settings for TeXlipse to default (retaining 'aspell' settings that I actually do not use, because I've set to use eclipses inbuild spellchecker). I also searched my
and removed any subfolders that matched 'tex', 'texlive' and 'texteditor'.
After that I started eclipse with the "-clean" option by hand (don't even know what that option does ;)
Until now, that problem did not occur again. I can close eclipse with my tex projects and files open. Afte restarting eclipse, everything is as it should be.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.