Menu

Alphabet soup when including libtiff support

Help
Alan
2007-02-22
2013-04-25
  • Alan

Alan - 2007-02-22

I looked through this forum (as well as the Open Discussion one)and see many people
    get the same odd output when libtiff is included.  The OCR engine works well on
    uncompressed Tiffs if I don’t include libtiff support, but produces unintelligible
    output on all Tiffs (compressed as well as uncompressed) it libtiff is included. 
    So far I tried libtiff 3.5.5 (the version I had installed when I started,) and
    libtiff 3.8.2 (the current version and the one recommended in another post.)

Is there a particular version of libtiff that works?  Am I doing something wrong?
    I saw someone mention something about the Tiff being upside down.  Even though my
    Tiffs are right side up, I flipped one to see if it would help, it did not.

I noticed that one post (“Problems with 1.03 - build & garbage out” in Open
    Discussion) on 5-Feb-2007 Ray says he replaced the package, but it will take time
    for the mirrors to propagate it. I downloaded a fresh copy on 22-Feb-2007.  This
    copy (according to diff) is no different then the copy I got on 18-Feb-2007.  Is it
    possible that I still have a stale package?

My system is HP-UX (PA RISC 2.0) 64 bit, but I’m compiling everything 32 bit.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Al

• Filip Gieszczykiewicz

You do have the latest file - I have to admit that I've been disabling libtiff too (maybe libtiff 3.8.2 fixing this problem is just a rumor?).